3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Give me a break!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 12:01 PM
Cuban11182
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you getting the Oil light on the dash? If not, I don't see why he would have to replace the pressure switch. Why doesn't he just rebuild the caliper as opposed to spending more money on a replacement caliper.

My buddy's Dodge Ram rear caliper's on one side were stuck. He had them rebuilt and everything is fine now.

I don't really believe that these trucks can tow as much as they can, be able to stop when needed, and you being a young driver has anything to do with it. I think that the caliper needs to be rebuilt and replace pads and rotors.

That's just my $0.02 though. Best of luck.

Old 03-23-2010, 01:02 PM
Moneyman19
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

o i agree they shouldn't have gone but he also said with the calibers and rotors he has put on my truck her heard from the warranty company that i'm not the only one it is there product so hes going to send them back get the money back and spend them on the new **** and what ever is the balance i'll pay.yes the light comes on at odd starts. it first started only on cold starts its now doing it on warm starts its the sensor acting up. i'm also gonna see if he can pop in a 180 stat for me aswell.

Quick Reply: Give me a break!!!