3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

what is the perfect offset for bigs tires?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 05:46 PM
Dakkkota
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default what is the perfect offset for bigs tires?

My 2.5 suspension lift and 3 bodylift is on the way...next should be 33 11,5 r16( known as 285 75 16) i think stock wheel offset is +35 how much negative offset should i go with on 16X8 most aftermarket are 5.5 16x8 0 offset or -12 is it gonna be good ok i should keep stock wheels with small spacer?

Old 03-23-2010, 06:27 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just for referance...i have 33-12.50's on an 18x9 wheel with 0 offset, i get just a small ammount of rub on the frame but only at full lock to the left going forward, but i still had to trim some of the plastic inner fender, so if the wheels were sucked in any more than are they rub the frame bad, and pushed out any further they would hit steel on the body...

Old 03-23-2010, 06:42 PM
Dakkkota
Record Breaker
Default thanx

I love your truck my favorite over the internet. thanx
https://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html
so refer to this site your back spacing is 5'' so i should look at the same exact backspacing? i wold prefer to stay inside the fenders to keep away from tickets. and bushwacker discontinued their club cab flares and trx 4 seems very small

so a 16X8 +12 should be perfect...not much choice of wheels

Old 05-14-2010, 10:55 PM
Baby_Ram
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this is an old thread, but I have the bushwacker flares for club cab. They discountinued them because they actually are for the quad cab.

Old 05-15-2010, 10:19 AM
Dakkkota
Record Breaker
Default what do you mean???

should'nt be the same because not the same # number

Old 05-17-2010, 04:49 PM
Baby_Ram
Rookie

Trust me they r the same. The front don't matter because the front fenders r the same, but the bed is different on the two styles of trucks. What I mean by different is that the gas cap is farther away from the wheel well on a club cab than it is on a quad cab, with this being said, they r the same because the cut out on drivers side for the gas cap is on the fender flare, but the gas cap is about a foot in front of the cut out. Also the slope at the bottom of the bed where the groove is at is slightly different on the two trucks. On a club cab with the flares there is a slight gap( barely noticeable) that is at this groove. I calld bushwacker and complained, they said that it was there fault that they thought the two trucks had the same style of bed, and that the flares would work also on the club cab. I then told them the number that was on my product and they said that I ordered correctly, but that thet flare were the same between the two truck styles.

Old 05-18-2010, 04:36 PM
Dakkkota
Record Breaker
Default hi

Do yo have a picture of the fender and the cut to give me an idea if i can live with that notch or go and purchase TRX4 offroard 2008+ fenders? but they are more expensive and seem to have less tire coverage than bushwackers?

Old 05-21-2010, 12:03 AM
Baby_Ram
Rookie

I will take one in the morning. I just put my new tires on, which barely rub right now(only when I turn left while breaking). But I am not running any lift yet. They r 265/70/17 terra grabblers. Pretty aggr. Tread for my truck.

Old 05-22-2010, 07:32 PM
sleds
Veteran

Originally Posted by dodgetrucker75
just for referance...i have 33-12.50's on an 18x9 wheel with 0 offset, i get just a small ammount of rub on the frame but only at full lock to the left going forward, but i still had to trim some of the plastic inner fender, so if the wheels were sucked in any more than are they rub the frame bad, and pushed out any further they would hit steel on the body...
Hey trucker, I have a question for you. I am running the stock chrome wheels with my 33's, but I have a lot of rub on the frame (I am running the 285/70-17's = 33x11.5x17). If the stock wheel is +35mm offset, then to get a 0 offset for my wheels I should be able to run 1.5" spacers. 1"=25mmx1.5=37.5mm. So, 1.5" spacers would give me -2.5mm offset, but I am wondering if I will then be rubbing on the metal on the bottom rear fender well. Do you rub on the metal of the fender if you are articulating your suspension? Thanks for any help.

Old 05-23-2010, 12:47 AM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sleds
Hey trucker, I have a question for you. I am running the stock chrome wheels with my 33's, but I have a lot of rub on the frame (I am running the 285/70-17's = 33x11.5x17). If the stock wheel is +35mm offset, then to get a 0 offset for my wheels I should be able to run 1.5" spacers. 1"=25mmx1.5=37.5mm. So, 1.5" spacers would give me -2.5mm offset, but I am wondering if I will then be rubbing on the metal on the bottom rear fender well. Do you rub on the metal of the fender if you are articulating your suspension? Thanks for any help.
i dont hit any metal, but i did have to trim a bit of plastic from that area, my wheels are 9" wide an 12" wide m/t tire, so mine should be quite a bit wider than yours, so with the correct spacer, you should be fine, but you are thinking correctly, the further you push the tire out, the closer it will be to the fender

Quick Reply: what is the perfect offset for bigs tires?