3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Neat product, anyone else try this?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 02:27 AM
ozone45212
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Neat product, anyone else try this?

If anyone has read my other posts, you know I am a noob when it comes to black vehicles. I was worried about the fine scratches, so I did some checking around. I had always just done wash and wax. I had never used polish. Today I went looking for meguires crystal system polish. Pep Boys did not have it, but I did find Turtle Wax Color match polish (?) (I think thats the name) Anywho, I was amazed at the difference. I washed, polished, and waxed, and the truck looks like new!
Anyone else tried this?
Is there something better?
Also, do I actually need to wax after this type of polish? It almost seemed like it was a wax itself.

Old 05-10-2010, 02:56 AM
05Elvis
Default Color match polish

It might have the same feel as wax but it says it in the name, POLISH. thats to get your shine on. Then you wax it up to "Lock in the freashness!"
So you got it right. I bet it looks like black ice. The other product you were looking for you can fine on O'Reilly auto parts on the shelf, along with every thing else.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:50 AM
rengnath
Champion

Polish and wax arent the same. Be very careful with polish, as normally they are abrasive so more is not better when it comes to doing several coats polish. Wax goes on top of the polish to seal and protect the polished paint below.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:21 PM
ozone45212
Veteran

yea, I did one coat polish, one coat wax. thanks for the reply

Quick Reply: Neat product, anyone else try this?