3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Dakota popularity

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 08:02 PM
Blown287
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would be happy if they made a new R/T as long as it was performance not just appearance. An SRT8 Dakota is a really long shot and a SRT10 Dakota would never happen unless you built it yourself.

Sometime down the road I'm thinking of building a Dakota with a 392 6.4L hemi engine. And then boost it

Old 05-23-2010, 08:08 PM
canadian dakota
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blakdak07
To get things going again, how about a Dakota SRT-10?
I think that would sell like hotcakes.
or the diesel they had planned for 2010 wtf happened to that I would love a diesel

Old 05-24-2010, 12:51 PM
Hollywood_CGD

It is a great truck. The problem with it is Dodge's marketing tactics and history or poor quality. The Dakota's redesigned front hasn't been marketed at all, not to mention all the features available for it. The reason the Tacoma dominates the market is because it had the brand of being an indestructible truck from Toyota on top of them making it very aesthetically pleasing for the consumer. Dodge made half the trip by designing a beautiful truck but it wasn't marketed properly and now its sales aren't as strong as they should be because nobody knows about the Dakota unless someone bought it and told people they knew about it.

Old 05-24-2010, 01:39 PM
hendrixx324
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea i think we should all emailo dodge and tell them to make comercials for the daks hahahhaha

Old 05-24-2010, 02:22 PM
00dakSport
All Star

around mean it seems the dakotas are very popular.
a few months after i got rid of my s10 two of my neighbors
traded there s10 for gen 2 dakotas. and around town i can probally
reconize a dozen other dakotas. i think word of mouth is selling these
better then any comercial.

Old 05-24-2010, 02:23 PM
canadian dakota
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Hollywood_CGD
It is a great truck. The problem with it is Dodge's marketing tactics and history or poor quality. The Dakota's redesigned front hasn't been marketed at all, not to mention all the features available for it. The reason the Tacoma dominates the market is because it had the brand of being an indestructible truck from Toyota on top of them making it very aesthetically pleasing for the consumer. Dodge made half the trip by designing a beautiful truck but it wasn't marketed properly and now its sales aren't as strong as they should be because nobody knows about the Dakota unless someone bought it and told people they knew about it.
lol I just drove past the dealer ship and saw it sitting there said what the F is that drove around the block and fell in love lol

Old 05-24-2010, 02:46 PM
graythang
Record Breaker

Yes it is awesome compared to others. That is the size and towing and to me the looks. BUT the quality is just sad. Paint chips that rust real time, rust problems, worst interior vinyl ever like they left the hardener out of the mix. Tie rod ends that look as if jonnie made them in high school welding class. Ball joint, breaks, mysterious vibrations, strange transmission shifts the list goes on and on. Even my driver’s seat is becoming loose as I know the seat frame hinges are deteriorating. It comes down to Chrysler can not put the quality (money) into the build. They have no money. They have to get away with every little side step they possibly can and still get it out the door in hopes some fool will buy. Well they earned my mistrust and that is after decades of my family and me buying Mopars they have lost ten of us as customers. I won’t even put a dime into a modification into this thing and I had hopes on doing so but at this rate this thing will never last long enough to enjoy them. Like they say what do you want for a hard earned twenty-nine grand?

Old 05-24-2010, 02:56 PM
tdister
Professional

I see quite a few around here, but it's probably that I just notice them a bit more since we're in the same "club".

I feel pretty safe in saying that the place with the highest ratio of Dakotas compared to other vehicles is in St Croix in the USVI. They accounted for probably 5%+ of the total vehicles, mostly 3rd gens. They must have gotten a literal boatload of them for cheap.

Old 05-24-2010, 02:58 PM
rengnath
Champion

I love my Dakota even though it has a few minor problems here and there. In all honesty though, if I had to do it again I would be looking at a Hemi Ram. There are so many more aftermarket parts and I couldve picked one up for 1 grand more than what I paid for mine. Same year, same miles, quad cab and in decent shape. The next dream is to get a 2500 Cummings.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:34 PM
Hollywood_CGD

Originally Posted by hendrixx324
yea i think we should all emailo dodge and tell them to make comercials for the daks hahahhaha
Honestly before they start making new commercials, they should invest in the quality of their vehicles. You can market a bouquet of dead flowers all you want, but that doesn't mean it will sell.

Quick Reply: Dakota popularity