3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Dakota popularity

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 12:43 PM
rengnath
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hollywood_CGD
Honestly before they start making new commercials, they should invest in the quality of their vehicles. You can market a bouquet of dead flowers all you want, but that doesn't mean it will sell.
Is it bad if I agree with this statment?

Old 05-25-2010, 05:01 PM
Blown287
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My issue isn't with quality as much as it is with staying current and competitive. Look at the new Ford 3.7L V6 that is making 305 horse power or the return of the 5.0 that is making 416. Both designs are similiar in design to Hyundai and Kia's 4.6L V8 that is putting out 385 horses.

New 5.0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydykiWKW6fE

Hyundai/Kia 4.6L
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q1Ur...eature=related

Old 05-25-2010, 10:00 PM
mprohr
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The issue is all about quality. I love my truck, and have spent lots of money on it, making it liveable. I love it because it is like Superman, so strong, so many capabilities. But in everyday life it is nervous and awkward, especially around the b!thes.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:03 AM
graythang
Record Breaker

Yes I know just how behind and how the Asian manufactures are crushing the US makers especially Chrysler. Chrysler will never recover unless they can engineer a fleet of electric cars and trucks with the same or better performance and feasibility as fuel vehicles. That would be their only saving grace.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:38 AM
Hollywood_CGD

Originally Posted by rengnath
Is it bad if I agree with this statment?
Haha seeing as how it was my statement I'd say no, but honestly I'm not bashing on the Dakota when i made that analogy. I absolutely love my truck and its already almost 3 years old with 50K miles on it and I've had zero problems with it. All I'm goin for with that comment is that if Dodge puts money into marketing before improving the overall quality of their vehicles then they are going to be looking at the same problem they are having now. Poor sales due to lack of people willing to trust their cars.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:42 AM
hendrixx324
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hollywood_cgd
haha seeing as how it was my statement i'd say no, but honestly i'm not bashing on the dakota when i made that analogy. I absolutely love my truck and its already almost 3 years old with 50k miles on it and i've had zero problems with it. All i'm goin for with that comment is that if dodge puts money into marketing before improving the overall quality of their vehicles then they are going to be looking at the same problem they are having now. Poor sales due to lack of people willing to trust their cars.

knock on wood!!!

Old 05-26-2010, 01:41 PM
KS Cowboy
Veteran

It will be sad to see this truck go away.

I have had my 06 dak for about 3 years now. I love it.

I would like to see a diesel version of this, or even drop one in it on my own. Just a dreaming, but it would be slick to see.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:35 PM
FirstDodge05
Professional

Originally Posted by graythang
Yes it is awesome compared to others. That is the size and towing and to me the looks. BUT the quality is just sad. Paint chips that rust real time, rust problems, worst interior vinyl ever like they left the hardener out of the mix. Tie rod ends that look as if jonnie made them in high school welding class. Ball joint, breaks, mysterious vibrations, strange transmission shifts the list goes on and on. Even my driver’s seat is becoming loose as I know the seat frame hinges are deteriorating. It comes down to Chrysler can not put the quality (money) into the build. They have no money. They have to get away with every little side step they possibly can and still get it out the door in hopes some fool will buy. Well they earned my mistrust and that is after decades of my family and me buying Mopars they have lost ten of us as customers. I won’t even put a dime into a modification into this thing and I had hopes on doing so but at this rate this thing will never last long enough to enjoy them. Like they say what do you want for a hard earned twenty-nine grand?
I wholeheartedly agree with 100% of this statement. I stopped modding awhile ago, and thank god I realized it wasn't worth it before I got too far into it. It's in the shop all the time for things that are unavoidable, and in my opinion should not be occuring with a truck that is only 5 years old.

Old 05-27-2010, 03:18 AM
Hollywood_CGD

Could they even fit that engine in the dakota?

Edit: Referring to the old post about the SRT 10 engine.

Last edited by Hollywood_CGD; 05-27-2010 at 03:22 AM.

Quick Reply: Dakota popularity