3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

New Rotors?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 02:50 PM
rengnath
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO, if you can afford it definetly go with the best rotors you can. Not even slotted, but get a good "performance" rotor.

I stay away from ceramic pads, expecially with new rotors. I clean my rims every time I wash my truck so brake dust never really bothers me. The reason I dont do ceramics is because they can chew up your rotors pretty bad, and if you just purchased rotors its kind of like wasting money. Again, just my .02 so dont shoot me anyone.

The next pads I buy will be the "Green Stuff" ones ..... Ive heard good things about them on countless forums and they sell them on alot of websites like airram, autoanything, and truckcustomizers.

Old 05-27-2010, 03:35 PM
snipingdude
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Man curtiplas where have you been??

Old 05-27-2010, 04:24 PM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

LOL, so some ppl still remember me hahahaha. I've been soo busy with work and school... and too poor to do any mods... so I've been off the site for some time... hehe...

But now that I'm all gradumatated with a Degree... and a full time job... I kinda... sorta have more time to be on the forum... so hopefully as long as things don't get too hectic in my life again I'll be a familiar face again...

Now all I have to do is update my sig... cuz man it doesn't have a lot of my mods... :-D

Old 05-27-2010, 04:29 PM
snipingdude
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by curtiplas
LOL, so some ppl still remember me hahahaha. I've been soo busy with work and school... and too poor to do any mods... so I've been off the site for some time... hehe...

But now that I'm all gradumatated with a Degree... and a full time job... I kinda... sorta have more time to be on the forum... so hopefully as long as things don't get too hectic in my life again I'll be a familiar face again...

Now all I have to do is update my sig... cuz man it doesn't have a lot of my mods... :-D
I feel you man....im in school now AND taking summer classes as we speak....but im not graduating till next year! ugh...oh well cant wait to find a job either

Old 05-27-2010, 10:21 PM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

NICE... do you have part Numbers for that??

Old 05-27-2010, 10:51 PM
lmrjason
Veteran

i ordered some ebc greenstuff pads and rotors last week...i accidently got three sets of pads and a refund on my rotors...(the sent me return slips for the xtra two. don't know if i have the time to send them back haha) but i just ordered another set of rotors from somewhere else. hopefully they will be here by tuesday or wednesday.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:02 AM
scwpd
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a few months ago i put the ebc green stuff pads and centric rotors on and love them. it was a huge improvement over the stock.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:31 AM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

Well Eric... went to Napa.... NO dice, then proceeded to go to Autozone, Oreily's, and pepboys... no dice... called brakeperformance... to expidet shipping looking at $140 almost as much as the rotors... :-(

Quick Reply: New Rotors?