3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Spintech Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 11:56 AM
dodgedkota08
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spintech Mufflers

I am having my exhaust done next week with a spintech super pro street muffler single in dual out and I was just wondering if anyone else has one. I looked on youtube and found a couple pro street dodge dakotas but no super pro streets. If anyone does, hows the sound? I've listened to a few titans and they sound loud and raspy, not much "muscle" behind the tone.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:29 PM
JimBio
Professional

Here is my old 2001 R/T with 2.5" spintech duals (no cats), headers and a custom cam (and about 100 other modifications). Yes I was known as Jimmy Sausage so they called that cam the sausage cam, it was a crower custom re-grind that was mild enough for a computer controlled car but had a nice lope.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/sausage-cam_144815.htm

I later swapped out the exhaust with Hooker Aerochamber mufflers, liked them better.

Last edited by JimBio; 06-30-2010 at 01:32 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:26 PM
dodgedkota08
Rookie

For some reason the video wont play. It just keeps trying to load up and I get nothing. But any ways, what do you like about the hookers? What didnt you like about the super pro streets?

Old 06-30-2010, 04:30 PM
JimBio
Professional

Spintechs were louder, wore out pretty quick with internal rust, didn't flow as well in my opinion and had a raspy sound at high rpms.

Aerochambers, improved my 1/4 mile times, had a well defined sound even at high rpms (old school muscle sound) and zero drone. I really liked they way they sounded when accelerating, the sound didn't mash together in a bunch of noise it was very clean sounding.

After trying magnaflow, spintech, flowmaster, hooker and dynomax I'm a big believer in straight through mufflers. Eliminate the noise makers and let your engine breath.

Old 07-02-2010, 03:32 PM
Blown287
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm running Spintech cats and I love them. Some of the RT guys say the Spintech mufflers drone at highway cruising speeds. I can tell you Spintech has awesome customer service.

Here you go, an 06 4.7L with Spintechs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdM1RHf14gk

Old 07-07-2010, 09:24 AM
dodgedkota08
Rookie

Finally got my exhaust done last night at the loca performance shop. Spintech mufflers are the poo. My truck has such a nice deep rumble now. I got the super pro street single in dual out and I would compare the sound to a flowmaster super 44 but louder and more deep. I have the exhaust tips coming out in front of the right rear tire and those look good. The only thing is they had to angle them down a smidge because of how low the frame is right there. But overall I'm super thrilled. I also got my graphics on last week so I will get pics up soon. Does anyone know how to upload a video clip??

Old 07-07-2010, 09:34 AM
rengnath
Champion

Originally Posted by dodgedkota08
Finally got my exhaust done last night at the loca performance shop. Spintech mufflers are the poo. My truck has such a nice deep rumble now. I got the super pro street single in dual out and I would compare the sound to a flowmaster super 44 but louder and more deep. I have the exhaust tips coming out in front of the right rear tire and those look good. The only thing is they had to angle them down a smidge because of how low the frame is right there. But overall I'm super thrilled. I also got my graphics on last week so I will get pics up soon. Does anyone know how to upload a video clip??
Glad to hear you are pleased. I cant wait to hear and see it. Use youtube.com or photobucket.com. Try to keep your videos from being unnecessarily long or it will take a long time to upload them. Anything under a couple minutes and you should be fine.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:32 PM
Blown287
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgedkota08
Does anyone know how to upload a video clip??
Make an youtube or photobucket account. Both will allow you to load and share videos. Congrats, I can't wait to hear how it sounds.

Quick Reply: Spintech Mufflers