3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

wird problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 09:42 AM
Dakkkota
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default wird problem

i have done everything on my truck at the same time bodylift tire suspension lift brakes pads rotor...my truck run fine for a week (finally fix the alignement by the way) and start to vibrate on hard braking but not when braking smooth i changed my rotor on waranty still have the problem is it the rear problem recall whatever?

Old 07-05-2010, 12:40 PM
WTEBOY703
Record Breaker

idk...the only time i had that problem is when i had bigger rims on it and upgraded the tire size! but check the rear pads...that could be causing a vibration but i'm not a mechanical kinda guy but thats my opinion!

Old 07-05-2010, 02:51 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

If I remember the TSB for the rear correctly the thing to look for is an "M" on the end of the axle.

Old 07-05-2010, 03:16 PM
WTEBOY703
Record Breaker

what was that recall about? i have a slight vibration from when i do moderate to hard braking! but i also haven't done the rear brakes yet and have nearly 50,000 miles on my truck could that cause that to cause a slight vibration?

Old 07-05-2010, 03:36 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

there was no official recall, only a tsb and it involved replacing both rear axles, and brake system, someone correct me if I'm wrong. I believe, since it was a tsb and not a recall, if your truck is out of warranty you have to pay for it. It was for a shudder/vibration during high speed braking (50-60 mph).

Old 07-05-2010, 07:39 PM
Dakkkota
Record Breaker
Default ok

i am under warranty what the bulletin # for a 2006?

Old 07-05-2010, 08:35 PM
Hammond_Egger
Captain

The axles were only for the 8.25 rears, not the 9.25.
The TSB changes the rear shoes to the 2006 style (extra return spring, different bracket for the Ebrake (i think..) They also cut the drums down as well..I think the new style shoes are bigger as well.

I may just order the shoes...or piece together my own kit (230 clams for the dealer shoe kit!).

Here is a good story...
When I went to price out the Mopar show kit in the TSB, the parts guy told me that the dealer had a used 2005 Dakota they were prepping to put on the lot that needed rear brakes. They did not want to spend the money for the "upgrade" kit (UNBELIEVABLE!!!! ).
They ordered 4 sets of shoes from different supply houses, they could not get any of them to fit! They finally sprung for the upgrade kit!!

He told me not to tell anyone

This whole rear brake deal eats at me....how can you redesign the rear brake shoes and not make it mandatory?

NOTHING was done by a dealer to my 2005 with 76,000 miles on it (except the apparently replaced the #2 plug with a platinum one!).

The same parts guy told me if it were him, he would call corporate and see if they would do something about the rear brakes...

Old 07-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Brian9
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammond_Egger
The axles were only for the 8.25 rears, not the 9.25.
The TSB changes the rear shoes to the 2006 style (extra return spring, different bracket for the Ebrake (i think..) They also cut the drums down as well..I think the new style shoes are bigger as well.

I may just order the shoes...or piece together my own kit (230 clams for the dealer shoe kit!).

Here is a good story...
When I went to price out the Mopar show kit in the TSB, the parts guy told me that the dealer had a used 2005 Dakota they were prepping to put on the lot that needed rear brakes. They did not want to spend the money for the "upgrade" kit (UNBELIEVABLE!!!! ).
They ordered 4 sets of shoes from different supply houses, they could not get any of them to fit! They finally sprung for the upgrade kit!!

He told me not to tell anyone

This whole rear brake deal eats at me....how can you redesign the rear brake shoes and not make it mandatory?

NOTHING was done by a dealer to my 2005 with 76,000 miles on it (except the apparently replaced the #2 plug with a platinum one!).

The same parts guy told me if it were him, he would call corporate and see if they would do something about the rear brakes...

Are you saying that the problem did not occur with 9.25 rears? Only the 8.25 rears? Or that the axle had to be replaced only on the 8.25 rears? lol... im getting confused...maybe its the beer Nevermind I found the TSB and posted it in Jkeatons thread.

Last edited by Brian9; 07-05-2010 at 10:09 PM.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:46 PM
Dakkkota
Record Breaker

i have 9.25 with the problem!!

Old 07-05-2010, 11:01 PM
Brian9
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dakkkota
i have 9.25 with the problem!!
Then go read the service bulletin and it will tell you what needs to be done lol...

http://www.procutinternational.com/p...otaMay2006.pdf

Quick Reply: wird problem