3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Finally ordering it, which ones v.steering links and water pump

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 09:55 AM
popsnbeer
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Finally ordering it, which ones v.steering links and water pump

Hi guys. Ok, just got paid and I'm going to order these things before I spend this money! It's supposed to be 115 outside today so I think I need to get this water pump asap. I'm hoping this will help w/ my temps. I have already flushed the system and replaced the t-stat. Temps still climb (even on the freeway at 60-65). The clutch fan does engage and brings the temp back down. All I can think of is the water pump. I feel like there should be more stability in my temperature than what there is.

Which water pump should I order. I am looking at rockauto (airtex, a-1 cardone, gates, cardone select, hytec brands) but if theres a part number I could get from an autozone, o'reillys, napa, that might be better to keep my business local just in case i have a problem with the part.

Also...

My steering link on the passenger side has been loose/busted since I installed my leveling kit about 10,000 miles ago. I am tired of the clunk and am going to fix it. Which rockauto ones do I need to get. I saw a MOOG part# K750263, and a "stronger version" DEEZA part# DDL638. The MOOG one is out of stock. will that DEEZA part work and is it worth the extra $10 each? I seem to remember on here that local stores such as napa, autozone, etc. do not offer these at their stores.

Also, can I order just one? Only one of my end links is busted...

thanks guys, you are always a big help!

Old 07-15-2010, 04:02 PM
popsnbeer
Captain

26 views and no comments :-(

Old 07-15-2010, 04:35 PM
dakota_raven
Record Breaker

i don't know about the water pumps but the stabilizer links you should get them in pairs. i think i got the same ones shipped fot about $73.00. if they are the ones that you can grease, those are the ones i got! good luck! maybe someone will chip in on the water pump. i haven't got any problems with mine!! KNOCK ON WOOD!!

Old 07-15-2010, 10:17 PM
Blown287
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is my new aftermarked waterpump. Flow is supposed to be around 25% better over the OEM. I will be installing in this next week after I finish replacing my head gaskets.
pump001.jpg
pump004.jpg

Old 07-16-2010, 09:36 AM
popsnbeer
Captain

thx blown. I saw that one on summitracing. It's $62 + shipping. Do you think it really does a better job at keeping the truck cool? It was 115 yesterday, 114 today, and 112 tomorrow, so naturally I need all the cooling help I can get!

Old 07-16-2010, 11:10 AM
popsnbeer
Captain

Hey Blown, or others...what about this pump? (http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Det...+50022+2022006)

My local NAPA has this in stock and I can grab it tonight and get it installed over the weekend. How hard of a job is this? I have never done a water pump before. Will I need to drain and replace the fluid too?

Thanks ya'll!

Old 07-16-2010, 11:56 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

You are going to need to drain roughly half the coolant or more. Water pumps arent to bad to replace. Getting to it, is the work.

Old 07-16-2010, 11:59 AM
Cuban11182
All Star

To me that water pump looks like an OEM or imitation. I don't think you will see a difference in cooling (unless your pump now isn't working right).

If your pump is working right, and just isn't keeping up with local temperatures, then you would want to go with the one that Blown showed, or another aftermarket one that increases the amount of cooling for the system. I would assume if you've taken all the necessary steps; t-stat, flush, ensure radiator is cooling properly, that either new pump would make a difference.

Quick Reply: Finally ordering it, which ones v.steering links and water pump