3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Not a typical CAI question, please read.

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 12:13 PM
ozone45212
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not a typical CAI question, please read.

You see some muscle cars with dual intakes. (I was watching something about SEMA) I am guessing that this is more air then our engines need, or would it actually do something for it? Thanks

Old 07-20-2010, 01:01 PM
trucky
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't do it. Problem solved.

Old 07-20-2010, 01:25 PM
rengnath
Champion

Originally Posted by ozone45212
You see some muscle cars with dual intakes. (I was watching something about SEMA) I am guessing that this is more air then our engines need, or would it actually do something for it? Thanks
It wouldnt hurt to do it, but I doubt you will gain anything on a stock motor. There is only so much restriction that comes from your stock intake, which is reduced greatly with a CAI. Then, the restriction comes from your throttle body, intake manifold, heads and exhaust. The engine will only suck in as much as it can put out. So it would be more for looks than actual function. If you want to help your current CAI out, the best thing you can do is get the most cold air to it as you can via a hood scoop or ram air system. Until you reduce the other restrictive factors on the engine, there would be no need for a dual intake .... and even after doing all that other stuff Im not sure if you would need it. My .02

Old 07-20-2010, 10:40 PM
Blown287
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You could do it just for the popped hood "bling' factor but you won't see a performance gain with it. Just a good CAI or FIPK kit is all you need with a stock motor.

I like the look of the stillen typhoon intakes myself.

Old 07-21-2010, 12:31 AM
ozone45212
Veteran
Talking

ok, thanks guys. I dont think I will be able to do any $$$ mods for awhile since I bought this: http://www.auterraweb.com/dashdynoseries.html

I am going to use this to track down and clear the trouble codes on my wifes van which I believe is one of the o2 sensors. Then use it for tweaking my truck.
BTW, anyone heard anything more recently about the tuners for 3.7L? (I have already been pointed to the other forum with the request form)>

Quick Reply: Not a typical CAI question, please read.