3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

heres what happen!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 03:37 PM
Moneyman19
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heres what happen!

Okay guys for almost a month now i havent seen my truck or the durango... long story made short... my heads were warped and both head gaskets had failed. the heads have been milled along with new gaskets. they also found that my upper u joints were so bad they had moved 2 inches from being on the lift... .. so had to wait untill today got out of work got ride of the stupid rental chevy and got my dodge. i walked up to it and dam did it look lifted after getting in it and driving down the road i notice i was as hid as a new chevy next to me and he was looking at me and my truck lol. it has come down a bit. but i got her home change oil and filter and threw filled rest of the tank with 89 . hopefully everything is good for now.. waiting until this friday to order new shocks and moog outer tie rod ends as they arnt looking to healthy either. anyone else use these? i know one dude has but his broke? which is weird. i'll post pics of the old joints tomorrow.... sum of u might have to hold ur jaw. alright im out going to a party then up to the BUCK! diesel power-fest tonite! gave her a quick was and wax not the best but better then dirty!

Old 08-07-2010, 03:47 PM
Blown287
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad you got it fixed. Hopefully the insurance picked up the tab as head work is extremely expensive.

Old 08-07-2010, 07:51 PM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Glad to hear the Dakota is back in action.

Old 08-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Blown287
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ericemery
they claim that the ones I sent back were not defective
Eric that deserves a powerbomb! You should send them the pics of the damage to your truck and ask them what their definition is, lol. f

I'm just glad both of you guys have your trucks running again.

Old 08-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Moneyman19
Captain

thanks yes warranty took the tab on it jsut they only took 5 days off the rental... i had the rental for 3 weeks... so that was a nice 900 dollar bill.... u serious not defective? sumthing differently went.

Old 08-08-2010, 07:04 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ericemery
Yeah, I had a moog tie rod end fail, almost ripped my front tire off...

they refunded my money and paid for the labor on the install of the mopar set... they claim that the ones I sent back were not defective, so who knows.
Well that's comforting I just had the passenger tie-rod replaced with the Moog greasable one...

They've got a very good rep, hopefully yours was a fluke. Guess I'll be keeping an eye on that now.

Old 08-09-2010, 07:28 AM
brosh187
Rookie

I put Moogs on my Ranger...I thought they were a nice upgrade from the OEMs...sold it, so not my prob anymore (if there is a prob)

Quick Reply: heres what happen!