3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

No audio in three speakers???

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 02:46 PM
poitee
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No audio in three speakers???

Soooo.. I have had some fading in and out of the passenger side speaker... I go to check things out and figure out that the rear is completely out... Only thing working is the drivers side front...... I took the harness apart and checked connections with a multimeter and everything is good. I then tried connecting speakers one at a time to the side I knew worked and no audio... I checked the speakers.. they are all good.. I disconnected them brought them up from hooked them up directly and no problems... I'm lost?!?! I have a 2006 quad cab... no infinity just straight up factory...

Old 09-07-2010, 03:15 PM
dakota_raven
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by ericemery
they bench test fine, have you ran a continuity check at the speaker and the head unit?

If all the wires have continuity, and the speakers all bench test fine then its probably a head unit.
dito!!!!

Old 09-07-2010, 03:19 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this same thing happened too me, but wasnt the stereo system, i hate changing radio stations and thought there was something wrong for about a week, even made an appointment with the dealer to get it checked out, then i jumped in my ram and guess what.... same problem, i changed the station and everything came back to life in both trucks, turns out the station i listen too had some tecnical issues causing only the driver front door speakers to work, just a thought, try it if you havent already...

Last edited by dodgetrucker75; 09-07-2010 at 03:24 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:11 PM
poitee

I figured it out. Wasnt the head unit... its the speakers themselves.. they are dry rotted.. I took on apart and the voice coil is completely coroded... I ordered 2 new sets of Rockfords just a few minutes ago...

New audio setup..

Old School Rockford Head Unit...
Old School Punch 4080dsm
Old School Punch 200x2
And new school Rockford Power Series 6.5's...

New shocks, struts, leveling kit, and audio all in 2 weeks.. I'm not going to know what to do...

Old 09-07-2010, 05:44 PM
rengnath
Champion

Congrats on the new sound system and suspension!

My passanger side speakers always cut out when the volume control goes above "20" and it gets irritating. Speakers are on their way soon, along with the HIDs Im ordering later this week. I need a new head unit I think; mine has a slight clicking sound on radio stations. I think the resistor I installed for my power wire may be the issue, or the steel from the bumper air scoop is messing with it because I never noticed it before those two items.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:23 PM
Backwoods18
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by rengnath
My passanger side speakers always cut out when the volume control goes above "20" .
Mine does the same except driver side!!

Old 09-07-2010, 07:30 PM
poitee

Do we have a raider club? I noticed red truck white truck... what abou the raider club?

Old 09-08-2010, 07:34 AM
WTEBOY703
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i assume...lol but same truck different name same motor different label! lol tomatoe tomato

Quick Reply: No audio in three speakers???