3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

which tires for fireston or bfg?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 10:55 AM
dakota_raven
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo II and so far i'm very happy with them. Awesome wet traction, great grip on dirt also. I have no idea about mud because she has never been or will ever be near mud. I still yet need to test them in snow, hopefully this winter we will get some snow here in north Texas so that i can properly test them...

Old 10-07-2010, 12:01 PM
sdsdsd
Captain

I hated my Firestones too only lasted 26K miles. My BFG Long trails lasted 52K on my other truck

Old 10-07-2010, 12:51 PM
Hammond_Egger
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had Michelin LTX on my 2006 Cummins 2500 Ram, I had 60K on them and they were not even close to toast....Will never go back to anything other than Michelins..
I do miss the power of the Cummins!

Old 10-08-2010, 05:58 PM
sugarray
Rookie

I had BFGs on a tacoma and had 50k on them and were still good. They were great on dry, decent everywhere else. Snow was marginal at best. I live in WV and hunt all fall and winter long. These tires were tried in everything.

I put Firestones on my explorer and ram and they are awesome. Wife had no trouble in our snow from last year, they are awesome on wet and dry. When I replace my SR/As, it will be with Destination A/Ts!!

I do agree with others, though, if you don't need an AT tire, don't spend the extra cash for them, get something that will give you better gas milage and be cheaper. There are plenty others that will look good.

Quick Reply: which tires for fireston or bfg?