3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

My new 2011 should be built!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 08:03 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by CHEESEBURGER
with the 6.1 hemi and a 6spd manual.
THAT would be awesome! I would sell a kidney for that.

Old 11-18-2010, 08:08 PM
cheeseburger
All Star
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
THAT would be awesome! I would sell a kidney for that.
i would sell a kidney and anything else i had to for that. (anybody need any bone marrow or a spare toe?)

Old 11-18-2010, 10:06 PM
rengnath
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Nissan Frontier is getting the shaft too. From what I hear, most midsize trucks are getting replaced with other stuff ... not sure about the Tacoma though. And the Colorado now comes with a V8. It kind of sucks because a full size is a pretty big truck, IMO. Right now, when I see the bumper sticker "Nice truck .... sorry to here about your small *****" I can just laugh it off since its just a small pickup, but if I start getting in to full size Ill have to second guess myself everytime I see that saying.

Old 11-18-2010, 10:26 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin

well the good thing is, if they stop making them next year, there should still be enough around for at least 10 years....I dont want another kind of truck. Pretty much have had them all and this is by far my favorite.

Old 11-18-2010, 10:29 PM
Blown287
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cheeseburger
it would be epic if they made like a limited edition for the last production year with the 6.1 hemi and a 6spd manual. i would gladly trade my soul for such a truck.
Or.....we could build one With a 392 Hemi.

Old 11-18-2010, 11:45 PM
KS Cowboy
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was talkin with the sales man at the dodge dealer, and he said that they are quiting the Dak after 2011. He also said that (i think that it will be the Ram brand) might bring it back in a few years, but it will be almost like a Ranger size truck, and a bubble on wheels.

Old 11-18-2010, 11:49 PM
cheeseburger
All Star

Originally Posted by Blown287
Or.....we could build one With a 392 Hemi.
WERE GOING TO NEED SOME TOOLS AND BEER!!!!

Old 11-18-2010, 11:51 PM
cheeseburger
All Star

Small pickups
The idea of a Jeep Wrangler pickup is receiving new life after remarks by Sergio Marchionne at the Florida dealer meeting. The 2005 Gladiator concept truck was driven on-stage and there was an indication something like it might be made.

Some have suggested that expansions by aftermarket Jeep modifier AEV would herald a limited production Wrangler-based pickup, produced with the blessing and assistance of Chrysler, while others believe it would be a pure Jeep design produced at the Toledo Supplier Park.

Two other new pickups have been rumored recently, one a relatively small, Ram 50-sized model -- both Ford and GM upsized their pickups, and Dodge has not sold a true compact pickup since the A-series. This would be powered by a hot-rodded World Gas Engine.

The other is the mysterious Dodge Dakota replacement, lighter and more economical than the current model, but still quite capable -- the so-called "lifestyle Dakota." Years ago, when we first broke the story on this new truck, we quoted a Dodge rep saying that it would still be capable, just not as capable. That point has been lost in later discussions.

Somewhere in the mix is the upcoming one-ton Dodge truck for Europe. Suspension engineer Bob Sheaves pointed out that European standards are very different for trucks, and that a one-ton truck in the E.U. would be rated lower in the U.S. This model could be the upcoming Dakota, an offshoot of the Ram 1500, the Wrangler pickup, or possibly even the Ram 50 replacement.

Read more at http://www.allpar.com/model/upcoming...ktrack=kcplink

Old 11-19-2010, 03:26 AM
WTEBOY703
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If they do Discontinue the Dakota this will be my Next Vehicle! 2011 Subaru WRX STI

2011SubaruSTI.jpg

Old 11-19-2010, 08:04 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin

the new dak will be a unibody based on a car. it totally sux. I sure hope they don't call it a Dakota, that would be an insult.

Quick Reply: My new 2011 should be built!