3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

06 Dakota body lift.

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 03:41 PM
VicDakota
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgetrucker75
on eagle's site they show that wheel as -30mm offset/3.25" backspace, so they are pushed out there pretty far, be prepared to do some hacking, mine are a 0 offset, they barly touch the frame at full lock on the rear side of the tire, but not enough to feel or make noise, just a very small shiny spot on the frame, smaller than a quarter, and if i have the wheel at the perfect spot and completely pack the suspention, i get a very minor rub near the out side of the fender, one more small trim on the inner fender would take of it but not enough to bother me, you better get a real close look at it tho, there is a good chance they might get into the steel body
I've finished most of my trimming and they rub on the steel boddy a small amount when im near full radius. Gonna grind it down later. Im really happy at the way she looks tho just very time consuming.
Also I did end up going with the strut spacer leveling kit and it gave me nearly 2 inches which helped in the wheelwell.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:10 PM
donkeypunch
King Jackass
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by VicDakota
I've finished most of my trimming and they rub on the steel boddy a small amount when im near full radius. Gonna grind it down later. Im really happy at the way she looks tho just very time consuming.
Also I did end up going with the strut spacer leveling kit and it gave me nearly 2 inches which helped in the wheelwell.
Would you be willing to submit photos of your trimmingmanship? I would just like to see what you removed.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:19 PM
VicDakota

Originally Posted by donkeypunch
Would you be willing to submit photos of your trimmingmanship? I would just like to see what you removed.
Yea ill grab a few photos tomorow or sunday, the big problem that I had was the front bumper, the plastic frame in behind it was a bitch to cut with my dremil.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:25 PM
Eimer123
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VicDakota
Yea ill grab a few photos tomorow or sunday, the big problem that I had was the front bumper, the plastic frame in behind it was a bitch to cut with my dremil.
I have heard some people have used washers or grommets to space the front bumper out instead of trying to cut it.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:26 AM
Amanka
Professional

Originally Posted by Eimer123
I have heard some people have used washers or grommets to space the front bumper out instead of trying to cut it.
bingo, 6 washers per bolt i believe worked great. I only rub on the frame with these 305 50 20s on the old ram flower petals which i believe the offset is +20. I am looking for some with a little less, maybe KMC we'll see

Plus, Body lift going on soon

Old 01-08-2011, 11:31 AM
Amanka
Professional
Old 01-08-2011, 11:55 AM
rengnath
Champion

Alex, those are some serious meats on there! I guess you have some ground clearance atleast. Did you get your trans schedule figured out?

Old 01-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Amanka
Professional

oh, i'm still playing with it. I have it back on superchips for the winter and come spring I'm gonna get back to it. The last one i had loaded up felt pretty decent so i think im dialing it in

Old 01-08-2011, 12:45 PM
rengnath
Champion

Yeah, Superchips schedule does well for me. There isnt much that I dont like about it. With your bigger tires though, a custom shift schedule would probably do you well. The truck is looking awesome though! Keep up the good work!

Old 01-08-2011, 06:59 PM
Dakkkota
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default amanka

my trimming is more aggressive than yours i found out that you can cut the inner flare and clip it in the back of lip of metal fernders... can take picture if needed

Quick Reply: 06 Dakota body lift.