3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

need responses ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 01:27 AM
WTEBOY703
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

appreciate the advice guys! I will try it rugers way with cleaning the headlights and what not and i'll sand over the headlight part that im painting lighty just because i've heard and have been told by many that it'll help the paint sit better! but after that i'll just put coats no more sanding. but now i gotta give a ride to my buddy in the AM to the ARMY RESERVE Drill center so UGH...so more then likely this will be an over night/two day project and take pictures wednesday morning/afternoonish so no worries guys! I wonder how many things i can do off this 1 can! i wonder if i can do the headlights and tail lights! but with the tail lights I wanna tape off the area where red comes out from and paint the rest black...wonder how long that'll take me? And does anyone know if any autoparts store sells this locally so if i need another can they'll have it?

Old 01-04-2011, 04:55 AM
Backwoods18
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have a auto zone around or even Advance Auto? They both sell it.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:33 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 340 Likes on 303 Posts

One can should be plenty for what you want to do. The instructions on the can will tell you how long to wait between coats so you can figure out how long it will take to do all your lights. Just DONT RUSH IT like I did or you'll be sanding it down and doing it again...lol

Old 01-04-2011, 08:13 AM
WTEBOY703
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jkeaton
One can should be plenty for what you want to do. The instructions on the can will tell you how long to wait between coats so you can figure out how long it will take to do all your lights. Just DONT RUSH IT like I did or you'll be sanding it down and doing it again...lol
yeah to easy...just gotta take my boy up to the army reserve center....ugh...puts a damper on the plans but its still gonna get done!

Quick Reply: need responses ASAP