3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Billet Impeller

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 11:39 PM
Blown287
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Billet Impeller

Check this out guys, I might get this done also. There is a billet impeller from my blower, once its swapped for the Paxton Impeller my blower will be capable of 26psi. It will be like having a Novi2000 at 1/4 the price.
Check it out.
http://www.928motorsports.com/parts/paxton_impeller.php

Old 01-07-2011, 12:34 AM
rengnath
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish my truck had the stuff to make one of those work. Lol.

When I hear 1/4th the price though, my eyes light up! When are you doing the aluminum intake so you can up the boost and not blow up the manifold?

Old 01-07-2011, 12:48 AM
Blown287
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rengnath
When I hear 1/4th the price though, my eyes light up!
A new Novi2000 head unit cost over $2,000. I can get the same output with my Novi1000 for $504. That includes shipping both ways, impeller and install. I will also need one of these, lol, like we installed on Travis's.

For the aluminum intake, I don't know yet. There is a chance the Victor Jr. won't work as its for the 2 valve setup and the Airram adapter are for the 3 valve. I'm still thinking of trying to make it work anyway, lol.

Mod list for spring now inlcude.
Auburn LSD w 3.55's install
Water to air intercooler
Sharadon Stage-3 tranny valve body
Billet Impeller
Boost limiter

That will probably be all until after I finish school in Rhode Island.

Old 01-07-2011, 12:51 AM
rengnath
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I need a valve body rebuild (my trans slips sometimes when cold), I hope I can swing a sharadon stage 2. I first have to see where the problem is though.

Keep up the good work, man!

Old 01-07-2011, 04:31 AM
WTEBOY703
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice work...may i ask what your doin on the side to afford this or where you found a woman whom allows you to put that much money into your truck? lol not hatin man good stuff get it!

Old 01-07-2011, 07:40 AM
ruger226
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its well worth the money i might do this with my jet ski i can go from 7psi to 12 for $550 or get a bigger sc for $1200 and get 13psi i say go for it it will only help you in the end.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:13 AM
donkeypunch
King Jackass
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Blown, I like it. Most of us DSM guys are tickled about the billet compressor wheels that Garrett is offering now ( better spool time, better midrange, and a crap load more top end).
As far as the intercooler setup goes, air-to-water setups are a pain to deal with. I absolutely hated crew chiefing one of my buddy's cars. Plus, you are taxing your charging system with the water pump, and your meth injection pump.

If I was in your shoes, I would stick with air-to-air. If you are worried about heat soaking the intercooler, do what I do. Get a nitrous intercooler sprayer, and use CO2. You will get higher hp and torgue, reduce pre-detonation, and no tax your charging system even further. Just my 2 cents.

Love the setup though, I think those 3.55's are going to keep the load on the engine and let it do what it wants. In the race car, the stock gear ratio is 3.55 as a final drive. However, my 1st gear ratio is way too short. I only build about 5psi in 1st gear (severe tire spin), 13psi in 2nd (still severe spin) and then hit 25psi for 3rd (tire scrubs hard until about 70mph) and 4th. By the way, by next summer, I might not be fwd anymore. All I'm going to say right now, is that I'm purchasing a ford 8.8"...

Old 01-07-2011, 11:07 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 340 Likes on 303 Posts

Originally Posted by donkeypunch
Blown, I like it. Most of us DSM guys are tickled about the billet compressor wheels that Garrett is offering now ( better spool time, better midrange, and a crap load more top end).
As far as the intercooler setup goes, air-to-water setups are a pain to deal with. I absolutely hated crew chiefing one of my buddy's cars. Plus, you are taxing your charging system with the water pump, and your meth injection pump.

If I was in your shoes, I would stick with air-to-air. If you are worried about heat soaking the intercooler, do what I do. Get a nitrous intercooler sprayer, and use CO2. You will get higher hp and torgue, reduce pre-detonation, and no tax your charging system even further. Just my 2 cents.

Love the setup though, I think those 3.55's are going to keep the load on the engine and let it do what it wants. In the race car, the stock gear ratio is 3.55 as a final drive. However, my 1st gear ratio is way too short. I only build about 5psi in 1st gear (severe tire spin), 13psi in 2nd (still severe spin) and then hit 25psi for 3rd (tire scrubs hard until about 70mph) and 4th. By the way, by next summer, I might not be fwd anymore. All I'm going to say right now, is that I'm purchasing a ford 8.8"...
what kind of car are you talking about????? got any pics? sounds awesome!

Old 01-07-2011, 06:16 PM
donkeypunch
King Jackass
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
what kind of car are you talking about????? got any pics? sounds awesome!
My Talon

P1010004-1-2-1.jpg

P1010036-1.jpg

IMAG0032.jpg

Old 01-07-2011, 06:23 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 340 Likes on 303 Posts

sweet! didn't know any of those were left...lol....a buddy of mine bought one of those brand new in the early 90's...tsi awd. that car would haul a$$ bone stock

Quick Reply: Billet Impeller