3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

sneak peak for you 2wd guys

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 06:02 PM
projektdirtfab
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

well theres really no point in dumping a few grand into suspension if your staying on the pavement. for one. this kit requires removal of front sway bar. and the shocks and springs are nice and soft and soggy for off road. so if you dont mind feeling like your going to roll over on the street than i guess this kit is good lol. you definitely wont feel speed bumps, pot holes, curbs, small dogs or children....

Old 01-31-2011, 10:56 PM
lvo6
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am located 95 north and durango, way out there. right now it is my daily unfortunitaly otherwise id be doing the same thing you are.

Old 02-01-2011, 02:56 AM
projektdirtfab
Record Breaker

well **** mines my daily also.....if it wasnt, the kit would probably be done already

Old 02-01-2011, 10:52 AM
goingsmoto
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey man i dont want to steal your thunder but you might want to check with these guys to see what they went through.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/243296...ar-cab-chassis

trophydakota2.jpg

Old 02-01-2011, 07:31 PM
projektdirtfab
Record Breaker

yea i know the driver. talked to him for a LONG time during pit inspection at the last race. got to ride the first 10 miles of the race in it. its actually a ram...although it does look like a dakota at first lol. that truck is full race and only a few things ill be taking from their design. their engine is actually moved back 15 inches and the whole frame is tube built with center mounted A arms and 4 linked in the rear. alot of what they did i am also doing....but i wont be meeting score spec because mines a daily driver lol.

i will have plated control arms with uniballs just like them. bypass res. coilovers just like them. so yea their is some similarity. but thats a full blown trophy truck. worth about 200k

Old 02-01-2011, 07:47 PM
Dakkkota
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love it!!!

well theres really no point in dumping a few grand into suspension if your staying on the pavement. for one. this kit requires removal of front sway bar. and the shocks and springs are nice and soft and soggy for off road. so if you dont mind feeling like your going to roll over on the street than i guess this kit is good lol. you definitely wont feel speed bumps, pot holes, curbs, small dogs or children....

Quick Reply: sneak peak for you 2wd guys