3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

My Stereo install. COMPLETE W PICS. Sounds incredible!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 06:22 PM
italiandominator
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a pic of my radio bezel that I painted. It was wood grain, but I wanted it to match a little better. You can see where I have my ipod next to the radio. Oh and for fun I added a video of me grinding my seat frame.radiobezelpaintjob.jpg

http://s355.photobucket.com/albums/r...0212111743.mp4

Old 02-23-2011, 07:54 PM
Moneyman19
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice job man. nah i can hide it better its just i leave it out i dont let anyone sit behind me anyways where i usally keep all my important things with me ie, chain(for my chainsaw) my face guard for CPR, extra clothes ect. nah i dont need an amp to my speakers my alpine head unit gives them plenty of power. if u got in my truck the volume between the sub and speakers are even until u hit 24 then the speakers get louder and they stay clear i usally dont go pass 20 but ive gotten it up to 35 without it becoming muffle. i like my system the sub its pretty good for 500 watts and i dont want anymore lol. it was a dream what system i wanted and i got it i like urs too but i dont have the crew cab. plus where ur ipod is is where i made a nice holder for my iphone for 4 bucks for the Velcro stripes. if i told you to get in my truck u wouldnt know i had an amp and sub there thats what i like about that lol. unless ur upfront and look back. plus that vent on the box....makes a nice new air conditioner lol

Old 02-23-2011, 11:08 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

Very nice work, it may be your first time doing something like this but it's clear you have good attention for detail. Nice and clean too, got to love a good stealth install.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:25 PM
italiandominator
All Star

Hey thanks bro, sounds like you have one too? If so any pics? I got thinking and this summer Ill prob take my carpet out again, shampoo and steam clean, but also dynamat the whole interior...who knows.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:31 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice work man! Looks sharp!

Old 02-24-2011, 12:01 AM
Moneyman19
Captain

Originally Posted by italiandominator
Hey thanks bro, sounds like you have one too? If so any pics? I got thinking and this summer Ill prob take my carpet out again, shampoo and steam clean, but also dynamat the whole interior...who knows.

thinking the same thing man... wish ya were in jersey i would say lets get into this and maybe make a business lol.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:54 AM
italiandominator
All Star

Thanks Lightning, and yeah money if I was in Jersey I would consider it, lol.

Old 02-24-2011, 10:23 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

The Dakota only has a MyGig swap and Polk speakers right now, nothing fancy.

DSC00422.jpg

I had more into some of my previous vehicles. Installed a JVC Arsenal head unit, Infinity Kappa front components and Reference rears in my 95 Chevy along with an Audiobahn 10" Flame Q sub in a box made to fit under the rear set (x-cab) and an Audiobahn amp. This was back in high school when I didn't know any better than buying Audiobahn. I hid the amp under the driver's seat, that truck had front buckets so I pulled the center console apart and shortened the storage compartment so I could hide a 1.2 farad capacitor underneath and mount the bass volume **** in the side of it. Looking around all you would see was the head unit and the sub/box, the rest was hidden.

Pulled most of it out and moved it to my Integra when I sold the Chevy, gave the head unit to my dad (it's actually still in his '02 Ram, he loves it). Got a Kenwood Excelon for the teg which I was never happy with, wouldn't buy them again. The car had some old Infinity Beta 6 3/4" speakers in the rear which I left and just installed the Kappas in the front. Amped the Infinitys off a 60w x4 Kenwood amp and built a custom rack to tuck that and the Audiobahn amp vertically in the nook behind the wheel well in the trunk. Hid the capacitor under the spare tire this time.

I won't inline it here but if you're interested here's a picture of the trunk setup in the teg: http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...0218071251.jpg

I learned a lot from both installs, probably at least half of it what not to do. The Integra had some infuriating ground loop issues for a while, let's just say I hope I never have to deal with that again. I had plans to toss the Audiobahn stuff and get a decent amp and an elemental designs woofer but I ended up selling the car with the whole system in it before that happened (wanted to go back to a truck).

When I get to putting a real system in the Dak I'll be taking my time and making sure it's done right this time, starting with the component choices. (No more crap subs! )

Old 02-25-2011, 09:16 AM
italiandominator
All Star

Yeah I would love to have a mygig, but I dont see that happening, Im happy with what I have now, plus i would either have to find a radio bezel that is made for the mygig, or I would have to be really careful trimming mine to fit it. Just curious, are you happy with wood grain, or were you thinking of painting it? Just askin, cuz if you were and werent sure what to do, if you liked how mine turned out Id tell ya exactly what I did.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:08 PM
Moneyman19
Captain

Yeah I would love to have a mygig, but I dont see that happening, Im happy with what I have now, plus i would either have to find a radio bezel that is made for the mygig, or I would have to be really careful trimming mine to fit it. Just curious, are you happy with wood grain, or were you thinking of painting it? Just askin, cuz if you were and werent sure what to do, if you liked how mine turned out Id tell ya exactly what I did.

i wouldnt mind doing mine black even tho i like the wood..

Quick Reply: My Stereo install. COMPLETE W PICS. Sounds incredible!!!