3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

New Around Here

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 11:59 PM
Reject
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Around Here

Hey Im new around here, Joined a month of so ago. But only posted once.
I bought a Black 2005 Club Cab, V6 3.7 Auto, 2wd about 5 months ago to replace the White 2k CC, V6 3.9 Auto, 2wd I was driving (untill it needed alot of work)
Heres a few pics of my 2005.
When I first Bought it.

And Now

And here is a pic of the old 2k, After I replaced Both Fenders, Hood, Rad, Upper and Lower Rad Supports, Grille, Bracket, Put on Clear Corners and Crystal Headlights due to a accident. (Box was next to be replaced)
Replaced it with the 2005

Been looking hard to find someone around here who wants to Swap my Chrome HL for there Black Ones, I found a White one /w Black HL, a guy who works at a Dodge Dealer ship, the bed on its Dented in. But hes never there when I swing by with the truck. lol

Also plan to tinted the Tails and 3rd Brake light, and Paint these rims black (for winters) and buy a new set of Black Ones for summer (just dont got the $$ atm). Also plan to Paint the rear bumper matte black, the front Might be getting replaced to add Fogs (as I heard fogless ones dont have the brackets) plus I drive thru bushes anyways, so painted might not be the best haha

Last edited by Reject; 03-21-2011 at 12:03 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:43 AM
cheeseburger
All Star
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Reject
the front Might be getting replaced to add Fogs (as I heard fogless ones dont have the brackets) plus I drive thru bushes anyways, so painted might not be the best haha
Yes they do the brackets are in the piece behind it. i know because i added them. all you need is the fog lights and some wiring. then you can just use a relay and trigger it with the headlights or a toggle switch... and as a bonus if you get the aftermarket housings off rock auto, then they are strong enough to run 9006 chevy high beam bulbs in the fogs. that really lights up the night.

oh and btw.. NICE TRUCK lol. digging the headache rack. and welcome to the forum.

Old 03-21-2011, 12:47 AM
Blown287
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to DF and the G3 Dakota section.

Old 03-21-2011, 04:22 AM
Backwoods18
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome aboard! Nice looking truck.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:39 AM
donkeypunch
King Jackass
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice lookin' truck. Welcome to DF and the 3.7L section.

Old 03-21-2011, 12:33 PM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Welcome to DF, good luck on the wheel search.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:14 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Nice truck! Welcome to the df forum!

Old 03-21-2011, 02:48 PM
dodgedad80
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have some stock 16" from my '06 that I'm gonna be rid of when my Rims come in in may. Let me know if your interested. Ur truck should have a lug pattern of 5.5" x 5 lugs. I'll shoot u a pic later. 5 spoke from a SLT 4x4 in great shape. I'll sell them cheap as Hell to you.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:58 PM
Reject
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cheeseburger
Yes they do the brackets are in the piece behind it. i know because i added them. all you need is the fog lights and some wiring. then you can just use a relay and trigger it with the headlights or a toggle switch... and as a bonus if you get the aftermarket housings off rock auto, then they are strong enough to run 9006 chevy high beam bulbs in the fogs. that really lights up the night.

oh and btw.. NICE TRUCK lol. digging the headache rack. and welcome to the forum.

Thanks, Thats good to know they have it. I was thinking of picking up a used headlights switch with the Fog Function if I can.
That headache rack was a little of a PITA to install, as the holes ended up inside the box outside and inside. So we had to reach from underneath the box to install it.

Originally Posted by dodgedad80
I have some stock 16" from my '06 that I'm gonna be rid of when my Rims come in in may. Let me know if your interested. Ur truck should have a lug pattern of 5.5" x 5 lugs. I'll shoot u a pic later. 5 spoke from a SLT 4x4 in great shape. I'll sell them cheap as Hell to you.
Im in Canada, so I think shipping would be the killer haha