3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Need Bigger Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 04:27 PM
scjeep4.7HO
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It got there really quickly after 4,500 RPM because boost builds stupid fast up there.

Old 04-15-2011, 04:29 PM
Blown287
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by scjeep4.7HO
It got there really quickly after 4,500 RPM because boost builds stupid fast up there.
I bet Richie, especially with that Novi 2k. You ran lean too fast to do anything about it. I was using my 1k and I was around 6k RPMs when I hit the 14.0 A/F.

Old 04-15-2011, 04:33 PM
scjeep4.7HO
Professional

I didn't even know it got that bad until i CLOSELY reviewed the video at the very end

Old 04-16-2011, 08:12 PM
Blown287
Grand Champion

Okay, since the SRT4 injectors don't fit our engines I went with thees. Siemens 108191 60 lbs injector for the 2003 4.6L Cobra. I ordered them from a store in Iowa so I'm hoping to get them by Wednesday.

http://www.siemensdeka.com/index.php...products_id=11

Old 05-21-2011, 03:05 PM
Blown287
Grand Champion

Okay guys, if Hemifever gets me the test tune for the 60 lbs injectors they are going in today.

Old 05-22-2011, 08:31 AM
Backwoods18
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Blown287
Okay guys, if Hemifever gets me the test tune for the 60 lbs injectors they are going in today.
Awesome!! Can't wait to see how they perform.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:12 AM
atthewmartin114
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok so i understand the lean condition. but what i dont seem to be able to rap my head around is when auto 101 in high school. 14.3:1 was what we were looking for for and air fuel ratio and not 14.0 is too high. idk if it just me but i know that my digital gauge says lean starts at like 15 or so. i mean i understand that we have no drasticly increased the air flow and air force. but i wouldnt think that would lower where premium running ratio is.

now my question for everyone here.

im not looking to slam out 35 or 40 psi. im only really looking for a like 6 to 9 psi. what would be the best system to look in to. i dont really wanna go remote because i dont play in the mud and rocks with the truck. im more looking to probably supercharge it but turbos are much nicer on the crank and motor from what i can tell. i know my M90 on my tbird when i finished that motor off the crank had stress cracks for about the first 5 inches of the crank. but the neon my buddy chris blew with the srt4 turbo kit didnt have them. so i assumed it was from the extra stress on the pully. (any imput)

Old 05-22-2011, 03:48 PM
Blown287
Grand Champion

Superchargers can be made easier on the crank by switching to a cog setup like Richie did with his 4.7L Jeep. Rear mounted turbo's on 4.7Ls haven't done well. Mainly because of the oil pump and return systems that have been used in the past. If you run a google you will find quite a few burned up turbos on 4.7Ls. We even had one on here (Adamsredlines).

As for the A/R ratio, targets are different depending on the throttle position. WOT, part throttle and idle all require different A/F ratios.

Originally Posted by Backwoods18
Awesome!! Can't wait to see how they perform.
Hemifever has to work this weekend so it will be next week before he can start tuning them. So I'm shooting for Tuesday for an install day.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:50 PM
donkeypunch
King Jackass
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by atthewmartin114
ok so i understand the lean condition. but what i dont seem to be able to rap my head around is when auto 101 in high school. 14.3:1 was what we were looking for for and air fuel ratio and not 14.0 is too high. idk if it just me but i know that my digital gauge says lean starts at like 15 or so. i mean i understand that we have no drasticly increased the air flow and air force. but i wouldnt think that would lower where premium running ratio is.

now my question for everyone here.

im not looking to slam out 35 or 40 psi. im only really looking for a like 6 to 9 psi. what would be the best system to look in to. i dont really wanna go remote because i dont play in the mud and rocks with the truck. im more looking to probably supercharge it but turbos are much nicer on the crank and motor from what i can tell. i know my M90 on my tbird when i finished that motor off the crank had stress cracks for about the first 5 inches of the crank. but the neon my buddy chris blew with the srt4 turbo kit didnt have them. so i assumed it was from the extra stress on the pully. (any imput)
As far as boost goes: Cylinder pressure is cylinder pressure. The more cylinder pressure, the more one has to compensate. This doesn't matter if it is a supercharger, turbocharger, nitrous, or high compression pistons. As far as the difference between the Tbird and neon, you are comparing apples to Copenhagen. Any N/A engine (or N/A configuration) that is outfitted with a power adder needs compensation...no matter what anyone tells you. N/A is N/A, boost is boost. When you add boost to N/A, compensation is required. Of course, depending on how much boost one wishes to run makes things easier or harder. Take Blown for example:

He pushes 13 psi. No big deal on HIS engine (N/A 4.7L). However, if I go get a Geo metro and force 13 psi into it, I will probably blow a head gasket...if the piston rings don't fail first.

Now consider my engine (4G64 with forged everything): I run a 8.8:1 compression height on my pistons and run 25 psi (currently)...and I still have perfect compression across all cyclinders.

On to air/fuel ratio. Different configurations have different target air/fuel ratios. My race car makes as much power and torque at 8.9:1 as it would at 11:1 (ethanol application). There is max power rich, max power lean, rich, lean, stoich, and everthing in between. Stoichemetric for gasolene is 14.7:1. When I ran gas in the race car, I typically tuned for 12:1. Anything over 14:1 was unacceptable. Your typical automobile will be tuned in the lower 14s. Most high end performance engines that come turbocharged or supercharged from the factory will be somewhere in the 12s. Narrow band gauges are junk. Go with wideband. Hope this helps.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:54 AM
cvfc1216449

blown, i just got a 05 dak couple months back and well im new to this whole electronically controlled computer dance. i used to have an old carbed tahoe. with putting in new injectors like the svt #39 ones u have/had what do i gotta do to the computer to recognize it so it works properly.

Quick Reply: Need Bigger Injectors