3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Thank you ALL and Farewell.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 09:16 PM
wingman_214
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Goid luck with the 2.5l. Those things have tons of problems with the cam and crank sensors as well as tranny issues.

Old 06-04-2011, 12:14 AM
Blown287
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on the new ride and I hope it serves you well. I too will be parking my truck for a while, lol.

Old 06-04-2011, 12:15 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Sorry to see you go, but the Altima is a nice ride. My ex-wifes first car purchase after we got married was a '93 Altima, good car, had the 2.4L in it back then and got high 20's MPG in mixed driving for her.
She sold it to her younger sister (for WAY too cheap) when we got her the first of three Grand Cherokees she had over the time we were married. Last I knew, as of about 2007, he sister was still driving that Altima...

Old 06-04-2011, 05:36 PM
seeless85
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eric: Thanks buddy! I may pop in from time to time, I really enjoyed my time as part of this forum, but I must say it did more for me than I ever did for the forum. Fantastic site all around!

Hammer: Thanks for the confidence. This is my first foreign car period. I thought the Nissans had a good track record, but I was a little cautious with everything happening in Japan and all. Nissan, however was the company that gave me the best deal, and I love the car so far so its a win for me right now.

Wingman: Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully I don't get one of those bad motors lol. As was well documented on this site I had my laundry list of issues with my Dak with not that many miles on it. This was part of the decision to trade. I think you take a chance with every new vehicle that you buy that you can hit or miss it and hopefully I get lucky with this one. As for now, I have about 5 years before I will need to worry about it so we'll see. I do thank you for letting me know this is an issue though as I will keep an eye out for it.

Everyone else: Thanks again for all the well wishes and support along the way! :-)

Old 06-05-2011, 03:53 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey man, good luck with the car. Sad to see ya go, but its understandable. And like Eric said, stop back and say hello, we dont care.

Quick Reply: Thank you ALL and Farewell.