3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Missing my truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 01:45 PM
KS Cowboy
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Missing my truck

Well, I finally decided to take my truck in to the dealer to get some warranty work done on it. It was startin to have a little faint pop when i was turning the wheel, and it was bouncing like a caddy. I took it to the dealer, and they said can ya show me where the pop was comin from, and we went for a drive, and luckily it made the noise for them.

Got all of the shocks/struts getin replaced, lower ball joints, rear swaybar bushings/end links all under warranty. After the warranty goes out, ill put in a leveling kit, and rancho shocks, but for now 100.00 is all i have to pay... for that part.

Also havin them change the oil (free), replace the pcv valve (unknown cost), 4 wheel alignment (75-80 bucks) and remove a screw from a tire (18.00). I have been meaning to do it, but have just been too darn busy to do it.

Sucky part is that i am with out my truck till sometime next week. Hopefully this wont turn into 2 weeks like my last go around

Old 06-15-2011, 02:07 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Which warranty do you have?

Old 06-15-2011, 10:02 PM
KS Cowboy
Veteran

Chrysler service contracts: maximum care It was the "full coverage" extended warranty

Old 06-15-2011, 10:07 PM
thunder98110
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

new shocks will do ya good when we go offroading in a few.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:29 PM
Eimer123
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm I first thought your truck was stolen. or you lost it like a cell phone. Stupid me lol

Old 06-16-2011, 01:12 PM
KS Cowboy
Veteran

Originally Posted by thunder98110
new shocks will do ya good when we go offroading in a few.
Dude i cant wait to get up there.

Originally Posted by Eimer123
Hmm I first thought your truck was stolen. or you lost it like a cell phone. Stupid me lol
Ya I remember leavin it parked in the driveway, but the dam thing just grew legs and walked off. F***ing little green man. One of these days, im gonna find his house, warehouse, shed, junker lot or what the heck ever he has, and rob him blind.

Old 06-17-2011, 03:58 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KS Cowboy
Got all of the shocks/struts getin replaced, lower ball joints, rear swaybar bushings/end links all under warranty. After the warranty goes out, ill put in a leveling kit, and rancho shocks, but for now 100.00 is all i have to pay... for that part.
I'd try to talk them into using aftermarket rear sway bar links. Just replaced mine and you're not going to believe this... the things are PLASTIC!
Turns out the MOOG makes metal end links for the rear sway bar with polyurethane bushings that are listed for up to '04 but work just fine on ours.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:55 PM
Blown287
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I feel your pain all too well my friend.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:07 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

I just replaced my rear sway bar links...took out plastic and replaced with plastic....figured they lasted 70K miles...so why not replace like for like.

Old 06-18-2011, 03:08 PM
KS Cowboy
Veteran

Originally Posted by Altair
I'd try to talk them into using aftermarket rear sway bar links. Just replaced mine and you're not going to believe this... the things are PLASTIC!
Turns out the MOOG makes metal end links for the rear sway bar with polyurethane bushings that are listed for up to '04 but work just fine on ours.
Heck its hard enough getin them to use factory parts. and even get them in in a reasonable time.

When I had my front ring and pinion replaced, they told me that the parts were 2-3 days out, with bad snow weather on the way. those parts ended up comin in a week after i droped it off. The parts came in, and they forgot the shim kit, and told me that it would be a nother 2-3 days out. I told them to go get some from a local auto parts store, or over night them, and they just sat on their fat a**es and told me that they couldnt. they are stubborn ********. probably the last time i have dodge do any work on my truck, or atleast this dealership (or as other said on here, stealership). but i dont think that any of the other 2 dealerships will be any better to deal with. That sucks, cause i love dodge trucks. At that i like fords, but cant stand the dealers, i hate chevy's but can half a** stand those dealers.

Ill probably do any future repairs on my own, and tell them to go #?*! THEM SELVES.

Sorry for the rant.

Quick Reply: Missing my truck