3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Better MPG's, with ethanol free gas

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011 | 12:37 AM
Jetster220
|
Rookie
Default Better MPG's, with ethanol free gas

Stumbled across this site and thought I would pass it along, Ive found a couple stations in my area with non-ethanol gas using the site so hopefully it can help some of you guys out to.

http://www.pure-gas.org/

Old 06-16-2011 | 01:28 AM
marcsnyder05
All Star

Sweet there is a station by where I'm staying I'll have to try it next week when I need to fill up again

Old 06-16-2011 | 06:12 AM
V8MANual
Captain

And our congressmen just voted to continue subsidies to ethanol producers!

Old 06-16-2011 | 07:06 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator

I think I first posted that link in the Ram section about 2 years ago.

I use ethanol free whenever I can. I split my time between my place in Ga. and my mom's in Florida as I am assisting her with health issues. When I Florida, there are two stations within 5 miles of her house. When I'm in Georgia, it's 38 miles for me to the closest one I can find.

I see about a 2 mpg increase in both my truck (Hemi) and my Grand Cherokee (4.7 HO) when using 100% pure gas as opposed to E10...

Old 06-16-2011 | 07:34 AM
wingman_214
Veteran

Unfortunatly my city isn't listed. I hate e10, its just crappy gas. I can understand winter blends in northerly states but I'm in Texas, e10 isn't required by law either.

Old 06-16-2011 | 11:56 AM
rengnath
Champion

They are approving e15 for 2007 and new vehicals here in WI. I hate the crap. It raises food prices, it gives nothing but problems for small engines/yard equipment, and the performance/economy you lose with it sucks. Lets just drill in Alaska, have oil for the next century, and keep our corn fields for livestock feed.

Old 06-16-2011 | 04:55 PM
V8MANual
Captain

I think it is sad that children will die today and every day because they haven't had 4 ounces of corn in a week while we are burning it in our vehicles because gas prices are too "high".

Old 06-16-2011 | 08:09 PM
cramerica
Record Breaker

Ethanol is all good...but it can be made from lots of things other than corn. Cellulose (i.e. paper waste), for one. There are many things that humans won't eat, that bacteria are more than happy to. Of course, corn producers don't want to hear about that.

Old 06-16-2011 | 08:50 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator

Originally Posted by rengnath
They are approving e15 for 2007 and new vehicals here in WI. I hate the crap. It raises food prices, it gives nothing but problems for small engines/yard equipment, and the performance/economy you lose with it sucks. Lets just drill in Alaska, have oil for the next century, and keep our corn fields for livestock feed.

The Prudoe Bay oil is basically 99.5% untapped as of yet and all of the rights are currently owned by three different oil companies. These companies choose NOT to drill this oil because of simple supply and demand, if they were to tap into this vast oil supply, the price would drop - substantially. The government saw fit to "award" the rights to these companies in the '60s and '70s and IMO against the best interest of the American consumer.

In addition, the Bakken oil deposits (mostly shale oil) has been discovered underneath what is basically Montana and the Dakotas, and a 2005 US Geological survey estimates there to be about 413 billion barrels that are recoverable by using techniques that exist today, and about twice that amount that would not be cost effective to drill for using current technology. Just the amount that is currently recoverable is about 8x the amount of oil found in Saudi Arabia BEFORE they began drilling it!

As of now, the government has NOT awarded rights to the Bakken to anyone but just the amount estimated to be currently recoverable would keep America running for about 51 years at current consumption...

Old 06-16-2011 | 08:57 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin

environmentalists wont let them drill. governments out of hand. country's going to h$ll in a handbasket. no one seems to care. there is a station 5 miles from me. I'm going to start using it.

Quick Reply: Better MPG's, with ethanol free gas