3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Long Arm Suspension Setup

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 10:30 AM
Six_Shooter
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eimer123
look at the front end. Our frame does not look like that.
It looks just like the frame under my 2005 Dak, except for the obvious change in suspension.

The Frame itself is from the Dakota, but the suspension has been changed, which allowed the front cross members to be cut out to fit the SAS, and related steering.

As jkeaton posted, the truck was bought as a right off. I know I have pictures of what he started with, which was front end damaged, somewhere. I really thought those pictures were in the online article.

Old 06-28-2011, 06:03 PM
projektdirtfab
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

you guys are making a SAS link setup way harder than it needs to be.

1. get your front axle, set the truck up on jack stands at your desired ride height.
2. set your front axle where you want it. make sure its squared up to the frame and the back tires.
3. get a lot of 2" .120 chromo tubing with joints. and make a 4 link. triangulated or pan harded either way its fine. than weld some hoops in and get yourself a set of coilovers.
4. connect the dots with the driveline and brake lines etc.

done.

all these donor parts you guys are looking for arent going to work. the links on the jeeps are too short and you wont like the limited travel you get after all your hard work.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:27 AM
Kota0010
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know the length of the 9.25 LD rear axle wheel to wheel on our trucks?

Quick Reply: Long Arm Suspension Setup