3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Tired of being paranoid...

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 10:44 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 340 Likes on 303 Posts

I dont even worry about radar/laser/speed traps, etc....I keep it within 5 mph of the posted speed limit...have been driving 30 years that way and have NEVER had a speeding ticket...there is no law stating how fast you can get to a speed limit....so I am "***** out" until I get there....then let off....just the way I drive...I could probably stretch it to 10 mph over but I dont want to chance it. I'm never in that big of a hurry to get where I'm going.

Old 06-27-2011, 06:56 AM
Eimer123
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
there is no law stating how fast you can get to a speed limit....so I am "***** out" until I get there....then let off....

Meh I beg to differ on that one. It really comes down the to officers discretion about if they consider it reckless driving or not.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:27 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin

No argument, still not speeding though...lol

Old 06-27-2011, 09:07 AM
dakota_raven
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kent : CHICKEN!!!!!

LOL J/K....

They look good. That's the way i want to do mine!!!!

Old 06-27-2011, 11:45 AM
popsnbeer
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a few things...
1. the new lights look good
2. if looks like you may need some new tires (another reason to get pulled over)
3. to the comments about taillights - if you have a taillight on a vehicle it must be visible and operational. for example: a light bar across the tailgate does not negate the taillights on your truck unless you remove them completely (also the light bar must comply w/ local regs)
4. license plate frames (regular) are illegal in AZ if they cover the word "Arizona" on the plate.

ok, that is all :-)

Old 06-27-2011, 01:17 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Originally Posted by popsnbeer
a few things...
1. the new lights look good
2. if looks like you may need some new tires (another reason to get pulled over)
3. to the comments about taillights - if you have a taillight on a vehicle it must be visible and operational. for example: a light bar across the tailgate does not negate the taillights on your truck unless you remove them completely (also the light bar must comply w/ local regs)
4. license plate frames (regular) are illegal in AZ if they cover the word "Arizona" on the plate.

ok, that is all :-)
Just inspected last month...tires passed....night shaded third brake light failed....go figure....I have not started hydroplaning yet, thats usually my cue that it's time...lol...I dread putting new tires on this truck....EXPENSIVE!

Quick Reply: Tired of being paranoid...