3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Projekt Dirt *Update*

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 07:00 PM
projektdirtfab
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

if youve done reasearch than youll know that FOA is in vegas which is where i live. Id much prefer to go with FOA than a shareholder company like fox or king or saw or rr. Plus theyre only a footstep away from the shop so the support for us if anything were to go bad in the shock is way better than those companies. And FOAs rep is just fine. people with trophy trucks just dont run them because they arent meant for trophy trucks....and thats not what were building so thats not a concern in my book. also this is a kit than the public would want to buy. who wants to spend upwards of 800 PER coilover minus the coil? not me.

and a boxed plated spindle is not REQUIRED on a daily driver prerunner. Its better because your taking out the only weak point after the arms. but look at total chaos. Stock spindles are used on some of their kits. Eventually for my personal truck i will have beef cake spindles. but for now nothing is wrong with stock.

i tell you what. when you build your own 3rd gen dakota long travel kit. ill let you use whatever coilovers you want lol.

Old 09-14-2011, 01:00 PM
Cali01dak
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I said it was my personal opinion anyways and I've seen stock spindles on kits break on daily driver prerunners. But it was just a question. Don't get all defensive. And I'm running fox on my 2nd gen lt kit so don't worry I will chief

Old 09-14-2011, 01:14 PM
cheeseburger
All Star
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ya'll simmer down now...

Old 09-14-2011, 04:19 PM
projektdirtfab
Record Breaker

I'm not getting defensive lol. Thanks for your advice. I've also seen race truck spindles snap. And I'm glad to hear that you have fox coilovers. Much applauded.

Last edited by projektdirtfab; 09-14-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:40 PM
Cali01dak
Professional

Ya no ****. Stuff breaks. I was actually excited to see someone else building another kit but not after you turn out to be a complete dick

Old 09-14-2011, 06:08 PM
Backwoods18
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Cali01dak
Ya no ****. Stuff breaks. I was actually excited to see someone else building another kit but not after you turn out to be a complete dick
not to take sides or anything but i will say this: he is defending his own opinion (as are you....) and his own sweat and time spent building a kit. He answered your opinion with his own. Although i can see where your coming from, no need to keep pushing the issue..... smh

Old 09-14-2011, 06:20 PM
Cali01dak
Professional

Well I didn't come join this forum to fight. I'm done arguing. All I wanted to know was about the spindle situation and chose to put my input on his choice of shock. I apologize if you felt I was attacking your work and felt like I was trying to be mr. Know it all. I'm not.

Old 09-14-2011, 06:28 PM
projektdirtfab
Record Breaker

Funny your really the only one that thinks I'm a dick. I just say it how it is. I'm more than competent and knowledgable about suspension in the off road industry. And for you to come into the 3rd gen forum and make it sound like my **** isnt good enough for you, is just ignorant. So please kind sir, let me build my kit how I will. And you enjoy your 2nd gen kit. I don't need to impress you because I probably will never sell you anything. I respect your opinion about which coilover you prefer. And if you knew anything about what I was doing from previous posts, you would already know that I'm building spindles for my truck but probably not for a kit because people can't afford it.

Old 09-14-2011, 06:30 PM
projektdirtfab
Record Breaker

And FYI. Get a better post count and be a member longer before you try to flame others. Your more than welcome to post pics of your long travel too.

Also, if anyone were to happen to have enough money for a long travel kit. They are more than welcome to run whatever c/o they want. Foa is what IM running.

End rant

Last edited by projektdirtfab; 09-14-2011 at 06:34 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:04 PM
cheeseburger
All Star
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Quick Reply: Projekt Dirt *Update*