3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

LED tails & 3rd brake light

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 08:25 PM
EliteTempleton
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Akizzle
Just went outside to examine the emblem yeah the back is way bigger than the front, so that idea is shot. There's alot of ideas running in my head for different type of setup, but I'm thinking i want it to look like the emblem on the Lexus LF-Gh concept car, so give me a couple weeks and some 0.9mm Raw 2-White Polar Bright El Wire (4500-WHRD) or 1 mm LED bulbs, silicone gel coating, and I should be able to come up with something very unique for the front emblem. Elite I will probably do this while i have some down time while my parts are being shipped to me, I really have to look over this front emblem, but i can definitely make it happen just going to take some of my precious life credits aka time lol
FYI the same company makes a hitch insert that does the same thing. That emblem is smaller. I still think too big for the front but thought you would want to know.

Old 08-08-2011, 08:33 PM
EliteTempleton
Veteran

I appreciate the honesty about not liking it.

What's the reason? Could minds be changed if I took a pic @ the store or is it just a personal preference thing?

Old 01-30-2019, 09:24 PM
philipat
Veteran
Received 48 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by dakotaff
Well, the 3rd brake LED light is on order and should be here this week, but the tail lights are on. They are nice & bright, deep red in color.

Not sure why the lights look white in the first picture in daylight.

The 3 sidemarker LED's put off some pretty good light themselves.
I know I'm resurrecting an old thread here, but do you have a brand name for this set of tail lights?

One of my halogen bulbs has gone out and I'm considering an LED replacement. To me this one is the best looking I've seen so far...more like an updated stock rather than a complete mod.

Old 01-31-2019, 09:26 AM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 81 Likes on 78 Posts

I can't remember the brand, I got them on Ebay, I did a quick search and cannot find them now. Still working perfectly though.

Old 02-01-2019, 04:31 AM
philipat
Veteran

No problem. I did a quick search, too, and didn't come up with anything either. So, I figured I'd ask. Thanks for checking.

Old 04-10-2019, 09:19 AM
EliteTempleton
Veteran
Old 04-10-2019, 09:30 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

They sure are proud of those things.

Old 04-11-2019, 04:33 AM
philipat
Veteran

Thanks for the link.

But...yea, those look right and I assume the appropriate resistors are already built-in. But, that price is way too much. I'll stay with my halogens for now.

Old 04-14-2019, 08:52 PM
EliteTempleton
Veteran
What you didn't see the $125 savings? They are JUST $253! LOL Maybe we'll keep an eye on them to see if they cut the price some more...

I couldn't find a 3rd brake light like dakotaff's which is awesome since it looks stock but upgraded. Guess I should have ordered one back when I didn't really have money for truck upgrades...

The closest I can find that doesn't have a bunch of reviews saying the cargo light stays on all the time is this
IPCW LED3-403C-CS IPCW LED3-403C-CS
(I understand the-CS at the end to be the part code for Cargo Lamps and Smoked) but I don't like it enough to buy it for $106, I did put it in my cart for a while in-case I changed my mind, it's still there and every time I looked at my cart for a while the price dropped. It's now showing me ~$90. I'll keep it my cart for another week so if others are not seeing the lowered list price option and want this maybe I can help you save a few bucks.

So I tried
these these
LED Bulbs and they work great (resistors built in) for ~$5/each! Although you do have to buy 4 when you only need 3. Not as good as dakotaff's photos but a serious improvement over halogen. They have some other options on their direct site http://store.ijdmtoy.com/906-921-912-LED-Light-Bulbs-s/36.htm?searching=Y&sort=5&cat=36&show=20&page=1 you could do but the SMD layout works well with our OEM housing reflectors and is the best value overall except spots the 2x white 2x red that are out of stock. Plus either way you have an extra bulb, might as well be able to use that in any of the 3 spots if one goes bad later. They are a tight fit and then require just the right pressure and angle to push them in FYI so while it's not that bad approach it when you're not under a time crunch.

Old 04-21-2019, 07:53 PM
philipat
Veteran

Originally Posted by EliteTempleton
So I tried these LED Bulbs and they work great (resistors built in) for ~$5/each! Although you do have to buy 4 when you only need 3. Not as good as dakotaff's photos but a serious improvement over halogen. They have some other options on their direct site page you could do but the SMD layout works well with our OEM housing reflectors and is the best value overall except spots the 2x white 2x red that are out of stock. Plus either way you have an extra bulb, might as well be able to use that in any of the 3 spots if one goes bad later. They are a tight fit and then require just the right pressure and angle to push them in FYI so while it's not that bad approach it when you're not under a time crunch.
Those are for cargo light bulb replacements, right? Not for the tail lamps...

Quick Reply: LED tails & 3rd brake light