3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

QC stereo options?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 11:26 PM
Barkleyfan
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QC stereo options?

Haven't seen much on this. I've come to accept that my dual 1500 watt Audiobahns are not going to be pissing off the neighbors in my 08 QC. But I would like to see what people HAVE done to improve sound while leaving the rear seats functional. And ideas, pics, links, etc would be appreciated.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:48 PM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

I put in a Pioneer single din unit and replaced all door speakers with Pioneers 6.5". To get some kick into it I put in a Bazooka Tube Sub, it sounds awesome, hits freakin hard! It sits behind the driver's seat and is easily removed if needed.

Here is the thread on the tube with pics links.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...installed.html

Old 07-27-2011, 03:00 PM
JimBio
Professional

Kenwood Head Unit
JL Audio 5 Ch amp under rear seat
4 new coaxial speakers in doors
pre-fab box with a cheapo 10" sub behind rear seat

I have a pioneer premier slim 10" that does not fit in the pre-fab box (box is large enough but the opening is to low), need a custom box then I can enjoy some real bass. You can also go with the mtx enclosure as well, they work good but are a little pricey. Either option you still have rear seats.

Old 07-27-2011, 10:00 PM
Barkleyfan
Rookie

Bazooka wouldn't work, I put 3 kids back there 5 days a week. I still have the system from the R/T, but obviously the subs won't work, and the amps won't either. The 4 channel can run bridged to power a couple lower power subs, and stereo for components. But it still takes up a lot of real estate. Maybe craigslist the subs and get a thunderform. Got plenty of time to decide, just shopping for ideas. Thanks for the input fellas.

Quick Reply: QC stereo options?