3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

For Daks with body lifts ONLY

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 05:09 PM
donkeypunch
King Jackass
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default For Daks with body lifts ONLY

Ok gentleman, this summer bug has bitten me hard. Not only am I working furiously on the race car, but feel like something new needs to hit the Dak, that answer is, a body lift. Heres the f*cking issue. I have a 6 speed manual.

So, we need to talk about what items this lift will screw with. Here's what Ive come up with so far:

Shifter gate clearances

Clutch line extension

What else do we need to address? The clutch line extension won't be too much of a problem, as I am sponsored by a hose fab company. But, what about the shifter? Any other issues you guys can think would be great.

Old 07-28-2011, 06:46 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 337 Likes on 301 Posts

What's with the "only"?? what if someone without the "only" has some advice, say, based on past experience but may not have the "only" now? Just asking because I have noticed a couple of these "only" threads...

Old 07-28-2011, 07:00 PM
marcsnyder05
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't think of anything else that would be different from an auto trans. Would it be possible to cut the gates to make them longer?

Old 07-28-2011, 07:10 PM
donkeypunch
King Jackass

Originally Posted by jkeaton
What's with the "only"?? what if someone without the "only" has some advice, say, based on past experience but may not have the "only" now? Just asking because I have noticed a couple of these "only" threads...
Ok fine. Since you had to throw me a doosie, anybody is welcome to provide input on this particular situation...including you Jkeaton. Thanks Jkeaton. You advice is greatly appreciated.

Old 07-28-2011, 07:13 PM
donkeypunch
King Jackass

Originally Posted by marcsnyder05
I can't think of anything else that would be different from an auto trans. Would it be possible to cut the gates to make them longer?
I suppose there might be a clearance issue with the shifter bezel (plastic thing that has a change and cup holder, also contains the shifter boot). What issues did you find when installing the cab portion of the body lift (obviously, the bed configuration will be identical, regardless of the transmission selection). Also, the shifter **** will stay stationary, which means (from the drivers perspective) it will be located 3" lower in the cab. Thoughts?

Old 07-28-2011, 07:38 PM
marcsnyder05
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by donkeypunch
I suppose there might be a clearance issue with the shifter bezel (plastic thing that has a change and cup holder, also contains the shifter boot). What issues did you find when installing the cab portion of the body lift (obviously, the bed configuration will be identical, regardless of the transmission selection). Also, the shifter **** will stay stationary, which means (from the drivers perspective) it will be located 3" lower in the cab. Thoughts?
My only issues were the front body mount bolts that everyone has problems with, the brake distribution block thingy is in a pretty tight space to take off and then put back on with the brackets other than that everything else went pretty smooth. oh the e brake extension was a little pia but not too bad. I had to buy bolts for the radiator drop top brackets the bottom is pretty easy just cut and drill. when you do the radiator part just watch the hard lines coming off of it real good it's pretty easy the jack them up. that's all I can think of now if I think of anything else Ill add it

Old 07-28-2011, 07:39 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Lol.thanks....I have nothing further your honor...

Old 07-28-2011, 08:13 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Originally Posted by donkeypunch
Ok fine. Since you had to throw me a doosie, anybody is welcome to provide input on this particular situation...including you Jkeaton. Thanks Jkeaton. You advice is greatly appreciated.
p.s. Love your truck. From one frenchman to another...jk

Old 07-28-2011, 08:15 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Originally Posted by jkeaton
p.s. Love your truck. From one frenchman to another...jk
jk about the frenchman thing..Serious about your truck...lol...wanted to make that clear..

Old 07-28-2011, 08:25 PM
06whitedak
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im interested in finding out about this aswell. i was thinking bout the 3 inch lift but didnt know about the manual transmission. as far as your shifter being 3 inched lower in the cab. i agree with you there. i had my center console out when i was running the wires for my cb. i was possibly thinking once the body lift is put on if the hole in the floor board where the shifter comes through affects the shifter throw between gears to open up the hole more. as far as the console. im not quite sure the hole for the boot is about twice the size of the hole in the floor board so i dont think that will be an issue. however i was curious of with the shift **** being lower would it hit the dash board. those are my thoughts on that part.

Quick Reply: For Daks with body lifts ONLY