3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Bfg rugged terrain

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 09:55 AM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I near nothing but great things about the coopers. Seems everyone's a bit sceptical abou the bfgs still. I'm pricing the coppers out and well see.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:41 AM
Cuban11182
All Star

I had the BFG AT KOs that came with my truck in 265/70 R16. They were good tires in the beginning, and even though I rotated them every 5K, they wore out by 40K.

Old 10-28-2011, 12:00 PM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker

Sounds like that was a pretty good tire if it lasted that long.

Old 10-29-2011, 02:50 PM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

I took the truck out in the snow today. This unexpected snow is the first time these wheels have touched snow. The type of snow is extremely wet, about 2 inches of it on top of hours of rain. This heavy snow is bringing down trees into the streets and there is a live electrical wire on a car down my street. (Expecting about 5 to 8 inches of this ****.)

The Cooper Zeon LTZ's did okay in 2wd, sliding a bit driving on slush/ice. Of course my bed is empty, so rear wheel traction blows. In 4wd, there was no problem at all, took off from a stop pretty damn good, up a decent hill too. I played around in an unplowed parking lot a bit. They did as well as any other all season tire I've had.

I can't wait to see how my Winterforce tires make a difference in the snow, this is the first winter I've ever had dedicated snow tires on a truck.
Other cars are sliding all over, pretty funny, most should have stayed home.

Old 10-29-2011, 04:33 PM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker

Sweet yeah I've been working in this crap all day. Glad to hear that they work pretty well.

Old 10-29-2011, 05:04 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dakotaff
I took the truck out in the snow today. This unexpected snow is the first time these wheels have touched snow. The type of snow is extremely wet, about 2 inches of it on top of hours of rain. This heavy snow is bringing down trees into the streets and there is a live electrical wire on a car down my street. (Expecting about 5 to 8 inches of this ****.)

The Cooper Zeon LTZ's did okay in 2wd, sliding a bit driving on slush/ice. Of course my bed is empty, so rear wheel traction blows. In 4wd, there was no problem at all, took off from a stop pretty damn good, up a decent hill too. I played around in an unplowed parking lot a bit. They did as well as any other all season tire I've had.

I can't wait to see how my Winterforce tires make a difference in the snow, this is the first winter I've ever had dedicated snow tires on a truck.
Other cars are sliding all over, pretty funny, most should have stayed home.
I was out in that today, nothing in the bed and no issues at all getting around in 2wd for me. I'm running Merit All Country Radial LXT's (AT tread) on the stock rims for the winter, not sure if those come sized for 20's though. Personally I'd go the route of getting separate wheels and dedicated snow tires, once these wear out I'll put snow tread on the stock wheels as I have 20's for the summer. I wouldn't want to ruin my 20's with all the salt they put down during the winter anyway.

Old 10-29-2011, 05:33 PM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker

Yeah I don't care about ruining my 20s, they have been in 3 winters already. Just have to make sure they are clean.

Old 10-29-2011, 05:47 PM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker

I wonder if a 285-55-20 would fit with not too much rubbing comes out to a 32.5 inch tire

Quick Reply: Bfg rugged terrain