3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

New head unit Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 11:50 AM
keithhud
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have a smart phone and you want to save some money, look up units that support Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. (No I am not a fan boy I just use my smart phone everyday) It will save you a few hundred bucks by not having to buy a nav unit. Another benefit is you don't have to worry about downloading and updating maps to the nav unit, your smart phone will have that for you.

Since you are doing it yourself I recommend getting the PAC C2R-CHY4 Radio Replacement Interface for Chrysler. This will make install a snap. You take the head unit's wiring harness and the PAC C2R-CHY4 and soldered all the connections and then heat shinked the connections and from there it is plug an play into the existing wiring.

Good luck, post pictures when you have the finished product.

Last edited by keithhud; 10-14-2015 at 11:58 AM.
Old 10-23-2015, 12:08 AM
ForkliftJeff
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I've had the stereo in for just over 2 years now. No rattles at all even on some bumpy back roads when I'm up camping. It fit in nice and snug. Only issues I had was with the wire harness interface. When I put the truck in reverse it does not switch to camera mode. Not a big deal as there is a button on the main screen to switch to the camera.

Quick Reply: New head unit Recommendations