3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

New rotors and pads

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 01:25 PM
FrenicX
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default New rotors and pads

So I got some new rotors and pads from breakperformance.com. I got the slotted/dimpled premium and upgraded to semi metallic.

Total was 217 shipped, they gave me a little coupon. I loved their free ground shipping too.

I will get them this coming week and I will do a bunch of pictures for everyone. It's an incredibly easy job, hopefully I can show people that they don't need to go to a shop for these kinds of things.

I'm also going to get new shocks all around too, while not as easy as my S10 was, it's still an easy job.

My list after that goes: rims/tires, tonneau cover, get rid of or paint chrome parts, hhr fan, fastman tb, CAI. Hopefully my wallet agrees with all that.

Old 11-20-2011, 02:05 PM
Zombifyd
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just did mine about an hour ago and if I were to grade myself I give me a B. Lol. I got stuck with the piston and well needless to say I may have to replace a caliper in the future. But I went around the block and everything seems to be fine. I'd like to see a write up just so I can see where I went wrong.

Old 11-20-2011, 03:45 PM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well after 6 months of the slotted and dimples about 5k miles the rotor was warped and had to send it back.

Quick Reply: New rotors and pads