3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Front reciever hitch? with winch?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 09:32 AM
donkeypunch
King Jackass
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

KS, love the way the front hitch looks, as well as the bumper. Any chance of making one of each and sending them to Colorado?

Old 12-16-2011, 11:46 AM
KS Cowboy
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by donkeypunch
KS, love the way the front hitch looks, as well as the bumper. Any chance of making one of each and sending them to Colorado?
Well, when i get this thing finished, ill post prints of all of the final fabricated parts, and you can make your own. But I could drive up there and show you in person what it looks like, again when its finished.

I can send you the cardboard mock up of the bumper if ya want, when i get it all done.

AS far as fabing them up "commercially" I dont think that i could do that. I personally dont own the equipment to do that. Im begging up an a$$ ton of favors to get what i am doing done.

Old 12-16-2011, 02:48 PM
OhSixDakota
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KS Cowboy
Well, when i get this thing finished, ill post prints of all of the final fabricated parts, and you can make your own. But I could drive up there and show you in person what it looks like, again when its finished.

I can send you the cardboard mock up of the bumper if ya want, when i get it all done.

AS far as fabing them up "commercially" I dont think that i could do that. I personally dont own the equipment to do that. Im begging up an a$$ ton of favors to get what i am doing done.
Ide love to see the prints and whatnot as well, been wanting to make one for a while.

Old 12-17-2011, 10:35 AM
EliteTempleton
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Stumbled across these looking for something else and wanted to share with those of you working on different front bumpers/etc and live in a state that requires a front plate:

License Plate Frame fits into any front or rear 2" receiver - $35

They also have Flip-Up License Plate Kits

Old 12-17-2011, 11:55 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

For that price I think I'd be making my own.

I made one for my winches roller fairlead a while back, did a DIY on it too:

Fairlead license plate holder DIY

Old 12-19-2011, 08:55 AM
donkeypunch
King Jackass

Originally Posted by KS Cowboy

That sounds good brother. Give me a heads up when you want to swing on over here.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:00 AM
donkeypunch
King Jackass

Originally Posted by Dinger838
ill take a finished pic tomorrow its been done since spring just dont take too many pics of the truck
Can you post more pictures of the finished product? I would love to see what this looks like.

Old 12-19-2011, 01:33 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I debated on a full out winch bumper for my truck but decided on the Warn grill guard & winch mount at the time. Sh*t, for what the Warn stainless Trans4mer setup cost me I could have gotten a good ARB or the like and would have just needed to have it color-matched someplace. But I was hesitant to put that much weight on the front of an IFS truck. I kinda wish I had at times now...

Quick Reply: Front reciever hitch? with winch?