3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

My Dak got pissed

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 08:12 PM
ballsout
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i did something similar a few months ago on mine behind the rear wheels, good way to fix the peeling paint and surface rust. take pics after the rockers are done i been thinking of doing mine as well cuz its cheaper than a paint job after i fix the body.

Old 12-17-2011, 01:28 PM
donkeypunch
King Jackass
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Cheese, no kidding. I only have to answer that question a humpteen dozen times a year. Lol.

Thanks everyone, I am very pleased with the results. Hopefully here soon, I will be doing the rockers. My baby will be born in 5 days, so don't count on it happening before then.

Old 12-17-2011, 02:35 PM
FrenicX
Record Breaker

Why do it yourself when you can make the baby do it!

Old 12-17-2011, 02:44 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

never too soon to catch the modding bug! Congrats to you on the baby!! first?

Old 12-18-2011, 02:11 AM
FrenicX
Record Breaker

not to hijack the thread, but i have a 3 yr old girl. when i was installing the lowering shackles, she was "helping" me lol, grabbing tools and towels and such. eventually she just start tapping the small wrenches on the rear quarter panels which i was ok with, they made these trucks with fairly thick sheetmetal. it was done when she drenched her coat and hands in PB blast though lol. they are fun, you love having a youngin.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:39 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by FrenicX
they made these trucks with fairly thick sheetmetal.
not mine, i can dent it by pushing on it too hard.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:14 AM
FrenicX
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by jkeaton
not mine, i can dent it by pushing on it too hard.
I have a kia that wasn't made in georgia, and I love the car but compared to the metal on the dodge it's like warm butter. I leaned on the rear pillar slightly to my put on my shoe once and dented it. it had 9k miles at the time so i was kinda mad. since then, 4 more dents have appeared mysteriously. the steel is just so soft. it reminds me of black bailing wire, how flexible it is. the dodge feels harder, it still pushes in but it rebounds most the time, for me that is.

Old 12-18-2011, 05:00 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

when I had my grand national painted, we went with rubberized under coating along the rocker panels before paint, It really helps out

Old 12-19-2011, 08:46 AM
donkeypunch
King Jackass

Jkeaton, yes, this is the first. We don't know the sex. My wife and I wanted to find out the old fashioned way.

I figure I will wait at least 6 months after the birth before letting the baby start using the ratchets and such.

Old 12-19-2011, 11:16 AM
northgator8
All Star
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by FrenicX
not to hijack the thread, but i have a 3 yr old girl. when i was installing the lowering shackles, she was "helping" me lol, grabbing tools and towels and such. eventually she just start tapping the small wrenches on the rear quarter panels which i was ok with, they made these trucks with fairly thick sheetmetal. it was done when she drenched her coat and hands in PB blast though lol. they are fun, you love having a youngin.
My dad was "old school", "off-the-farm old school", so, although I learned a lot about fixing stuff from him, the experience wasn't great!

My son is now 12, and at every opportunity I have him under the car or truck with me fixing stuff. Once I make sure of the safety - wife wouldn't be too happy with an all-expense-paid trip to the children's hospital - I let him try anything that he would have a reasonable chance of success with. I jump in and get a bolt started, so that he can get it on or off, he gets the big hammer out when needed too!

We were doing the rear brakes on my old car and having b itch of a time! Then it started to pour. He found ways to get the camping tarp out and put it over us so we could get the car ready for me to go to work the next day - and I made sure he knew I was swearing at the parts, not at him or his help. High fives all around when we were finished (he's too young for beer).

Quick Reply: My Dak got pissed