3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Parts on order!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012 | 09:10 PM
Reject
Record Breaker

carlb87 when you mount your brush guard, My Upper Brackets (Under grille, over bumper) I had to push them down INTO the top of the bumper to make them reach the holes on the guard.
Also the brackets, they weigh a ton! Youll be surprised.
My instructions where quite detailed and showed a 05-07 in the pictures, It was marked for 05-10 Dakotas.

Old 03-07-2012 | 12:05 AM
carlb87
|
Professional

Originally Posted by Reject
carlb87 when you mount your brush guard, My Upper Brackets (Under grille, over bumper) I had to push them down INTO the top of the bumper to make them reach the holes on the guard.
Also the brackets, they weigh a ton! Youll be surprised.
My instructions where quite detailed and showed a 05-07 in the pictures, It was marked for 05-10 Dakotas.
Ok. Thanks. It supposed to be here on thursday so hopefully ill have it on by the end of the weekend. But I still have my passenger side isolator spinning so I bought a clamp today to try that. But if it doesnt work ill give your screw trick a try. So you go through the bushing into the body bracket?

Old 03-07-2012 | 03:32 PM
carlb87
|
Professional

Well last night my seat covers showed up. Not quite what I was hoping for but for $50 what can you really expect. I got them put on (well almost I didn't tear out the back seat to get the back cover on just tucked the edges behind) Ill get a pic up later. Then this morning I went out and used the clamp and was able to get my other bodymount bolt out. oh and my tail lightcovers showed up!

Old 03-07-2012 | 04:38 PM
Reject
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by carlb87
Ok. Thanks. It supposed to be here on thursday so hopefully ill have it on by the end of the weekend. But I still have my passenger side isolator spinning so I bought a clamp today to try that. But if it doesnt work ill give your screw trick a try. So you go through the bushing into the body bracket?
Yea, Mine never seems to actually go into the bracket, But it did prevent it from spinning. I also did it close to the end of the bushings plate, so it didnt just got thru the bushing into the lower on and spin both.

Old 03-07-2012 | 07:08 PM
ODXBeef
Professional

Very curious how the seat covers came out. Eagerly awaiting pics.

Old 03-07-2012 | 08:43 PM
carlb87
|
Professional

Originally Posted by ODXBeef
Very curious how the seat covers came out. Eagerly awaiting pics.
They arn't quite what i was hoping for but again they were only $50 so you cant expect to much. Also the back cover isn't a 2 piece so you have to lift both sides at the same time. Oh and the back of the back cover isn't on all the way because I didn't feel like taking the back off today(its my 1 day off this week)

Old 03-10-2012 | 09:59 PM
carlb87
|
Professional

Heres the grill guard! Still needs a little adjusting.

Old 03-10-2012 | 10:03 PM
Reject
Record Breaker

Heres the grill guard! Still needs a little adjusting.

Mine already protected my truck...from my moms car lol. My dad backing into my truck, and cracker her new cars bumper on it, and pushed it in so I couldnt open the hood untill I readjusted it

Old 03-10-2012 | 10:11 PM
carlb87
|
Professional

Originally Posted by Reject
Mine already protected my truck...from my moms car lol. My dad backing into my truck, and cracker her new cars bumper on it, and pushed it in so I couldnt open the hood untill I readjusted it
Well atleast you know it works!

Old 03-10-2012 | 11:40 PM
Reject
Record Breaker

Well atleast you know it works!
Youll love it, It scares street racers to! well mine does, Since I think im the only 05+ Dakota around with one.
I had 2 street racers pull up infront of me and start to race, I pulled up behind them and they slowed to about 10km under haha

Quick Reply: Parts on order!