3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Parts on order!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012 | 04:32 AM
carlb87
|
Professional
Default Parts on order!

Well I just got my tax return and decided to get some accessories for the truck. So I hit up ebay. I bought a black grill guard, 4 fog lights, rain guards, stainless tail light guards(i will paint them black but they were $40 cheaper), seat covers and a tailgate light bar. All for only a little over $500

Everything should be here within a week or so. Ill post pics when I get them installed

Old 03-02-2012 | 07:02 AM
dakotaff
Champion

Nice, you're truck is gonna be so happy!

Old 03-02-2012 | 07:48 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Very nice! I am envious that either black or chrome accessories look good with that dark red paint color.

Old 03-02-2012 | 08:29 AM
italiandominator
All Star

One suggestion to you brother. Look under your truck in the front for the bolts that the brush guard will connect to on the frame and make sure you can get them off. When I went to mount mine they were super tight and when I could make them budge they would only spin with the nut on top, ended up having to go to a shop that could hit them with a blow torch to loosen them. This way as soon as you get it you will not run into any issues mounting it.

Old 03-02-2012 | 09:03 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator

Nice! Its going to look good! BTW if you dont mind me asking, what did the seat covers run ya?

Originally Posted by italiandominator
One suggestion to you brother. Look under your truck in the front for the bolts that the brush guard will connect to on the frame and make sure you can get them off. When I went to mount mine they were super tight and when I could make them budge they would only spin with the nut on top, ended up having to go to a shop that could hit them with a blow torch to loosen them. This way as soon as you get it you will not run into any issues mounting it.
Impact gun and a cut off tool works wonders too They are a PITA though!

Old 03-02-2012 | 09:21 AM
norma jean
Captain

this should help, dsimm87 did a nice write up on how to take one off with stubborn bolts

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...s-oh-my-2.html

Old 03-02-2012 | 10:14 AM
ODXBeef
Professional

Are those universal seat covers? If so let me know how they fit. I want to cover my seats but don't want to spring for wetokole's.

Old 03-02-2012 | 10:46 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Originally Posted by norma jean
this should help, dsimm87 did a nice write up on how to take one off with stubborn bolts

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...s-oh-my-2.html
That did not work for me. I had to drill a hole in the top bushing and inserd a steel rod through it to keep it from turning, and then still broke the bolt getting it out. $60 for one new body mounts and bolt.

Old 03-02-2012 | 10:52 AM
norma jean
Captain

Originally Posted by jkeaton
That did not work for me. I had to drill a hole in the top bushing and inserd a steel rod through it to keep it from turning, and then still broke the bolt getting it out. $60 for one new body mounts and bolt.
Wait you have one?

Ps my hids are going on today

Old 03-02-2012 | 11:15 AM
carlb87
|
Professional

italiandominator, Alright I'll have to do that when I get a chance. Thanks for the heads up!

lghtngblt02 and odxbeef they are universal to a point they are supposedly verified to fit our trucks though. I only paid $56 shipped so we will see what kind of quality they are and how well they fit when i get them here they are http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Grey-S...cafd13&vxp=mtr if you want different colors search for "07(your year) dakota seat covers"

norma jean, thanks for the link! Hopefully Ill luck out and they will come out easy I live in the desert so we don't have many problems with rust here (finger crossed)

Quick Reply: Parts on order!