3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

looking for superchip flashpaq

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012 | 11:01 PM
CanadaDak
|
Rookie
Default looking for superchip flashpaq

anyone selling thiers? know where i can get one shipped to canada for a good price? autoplicity has em on for 275 but dont ship to canada local autostore wants 900$ for it haha

Old 03-13-2012 | 09:09 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator

Ebay, most performance shops... check out our classified sections too.

Old 03-13-2012 | 10:52 AM
Alfons
Record Breaker

You can also get an account with a US based re-shipper for a fee. They offer you a US address and then re-direct the package to your Canadian address - I use a similar service located in Buffalo NY, but I use them to hold my shipments and then I drive there to pick them up. The fees are pretty cheap & even with them added & my fuel to drive to the US for the pickup, it's still a lot cheaper than buying locally.

When the goods come across the border, as long as they fall under the NAFTA agreement & aren't considered a forigen import, you should only end up paying the seller price, re-shipper fees, and local provincial taxes.

It's too bad that a number of businesses offer minimal service for maximum prices.

Old 03-13-2012 | 05:07 PM
Sunsetrider
Rookie

Free shipping in Canada - this is where I got mine:

http://www.tdotperformance.com/servl...ner/Categories

Old 03-13-2012 | 05:46 PM
CanadaDak
|
Rookie

OK, i went to my locol performance truck shop, and they reminded me of the cortex's warrenty, is it worth the extra 60 bux for the cortex to get the warrenty? 2 year drive train he said it was wich is bad ***, all same tuning and applications. OH AND the diagnostic library retrieves, displays & clears trouble codes and log performance times & speeds... for an extra bit of cash why do most of you have the flashpaq? i have a feeling theres something im not seeing.. lol!

Last edited by CanadaDak; 03-13-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old 03-13-2012 | 05:51 PM
rengnath
Champion

IMO, its not worth it. The only value it adds to the tuner is when you sell it ..... you could sell it to any dodge person with a gas or diesel.

Superchips has proven themselves. There are tons of us on the forum that have run these things for a long time. I personally have 40k on a truck that had 90k on it when I first installed a tune. Never an issue.

My biggest concern is how do you prove it was Superchips that messed up something on your truck. And if you want to do any custom trans tuning, that voids the SC warranty. I have never seen one complaint about someone's Superchips damaging their car after long term use, and never a settled claim from the warranty by Superchips under their 2yr plan. If something does go wrong with tuning initially, Superchips will help fix it even if its just the Flashpaq. (For example, if it messes up the PCM or you end up with a no-start condition after tuning)

Get the Flashpaq, and put the money towards something else.

Old 03-13-2012 | 06:55 PM
CanadaDak
|
Rookie

ya i hear ya.. im not worried about it having problems i just like the fact that its got its own diagnostic library.. ganna go with the flashpaq forsure

Old 03-13-2012 | 11:15 PM
rengnath
Champion

IIRC, the flashpaq has it too, you just have to add the package to the tuner when you update it the first time. Its a free package. I can datalog on mine .... I've never actually recorded anything though.

Old 03-13-2012 | 11:23 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator

Thats the only difference between the two is the warranty and the number of compatible vehicles. The Flashpaq can be used on a handful of Dodge where as the Cortex has more. You can use all the data logging, diagnostics reading, trans tuning, etc on either one. You still receive the same updates and so on between the two. I agree with Bobby, its not worth it to me.

Old 03-14-2012 | 12:04 AM
CanadaDak
|
Rookie

ya i agree, did not know that you can download those things for the flashpaq tho, im super gullable you could sell me a rock if you wanted to haha.

Quick Reply: looking for superchip flashpaq