3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Dodge Dakota Lower Control Arm Strut BUSHING Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 05:33 PM
Holbrook.Jeremy
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Disconnect the upper control arm (Be careful of the brake lines) and move the lower control arm till you can get the strut installed. Put a jack under the lower arm (Again after strut is all installed and tight) and jack up the lower arm till you can reconnect the upper arm. Reassemble everything, double check that all is tight and drop the front end then invest in blocks for the rear unless you like the prerunner look.

Old 07-19-2013, 08:27 PM
EliteTempleton
Veteran

Thanks! You saved me from buying 2 new arms that I don't need yet!

When I searched napaonline.com for 267-3738 I got two results. I ordered the Lower - Front Susp option as it said "Lower Control Arm At Strut Mount" in the info section.

Just had my mechanic install them yesterday along with Rancho's, Monroe 905913 Strut-Mate Strut Mounting Kits, and a Moog Problem Solver Ball joint (did the other side earlier this spring).

Rides like a brand new truck now!

Old 11-06-2021, 06:37 PM
Kodiaktr

That's all good a great but how the he'll do I get the control arm out? I've all but melted the bushing out and I can't get any press onto it.

Old 11-06-2021, 06:57 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 337 Likes on 301 Posts

Originally Posted by Kodiaktr
That's all good a great but how the he'll do I get the control arm out? I've all but melted the bushing out and I can't get any press onto it.
8 year old thread.

Old 11-05-2023, 07:26 PM
RoosterSLC

Hey! I know the post I am responding to is only a couple years younger than my 15 year old daughter. But, I have the, "Baby maker squeak" coming from the left front of my 2007 Dodge 2WD truck. I took the left front wheel off and loosened all of the control arm bolts (Take pictures of the lower bolts incase the alignment cams move!), lubed the bolts and joints with WD40 and the squeak didn't go away. Using my trusty automotive stethoscope, I finally found the squeak coming from my lower ball joint. This really concerns me because it is sealed with no grease zerk and to hear that much noise coming from a ball joint has now got me on edge. My advice, get yourself a $10 automotive stethoscope and look for your squeak using this tool. Reading this post and blindly running out to purchase parts that I obviously didn't need won't fix a bad squeaky ball joint. HOWEVER, I do appreciate the post for telling me about a Napa part (267-3738) that can be used for the lower strut connection! Just for giggles, I checked the lower control arm for a replacement bushing through my work account. I have confirmed that they don't offer the lower strut bushing separate from the lower control arm.

Quick Reply: Dodge Dakota Lower Control Arm Strut BUSHING Replacement