3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Need Paint Code For Touch-Up

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 04:04 PM
J.Kalp17
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need Paint Code For Touch-Up

hey guys i know this doesnt necessarily pertain to just 3rd gen dakotas...but thats what i have...and i bought the truck used from a dealership and i noticed the sticker on the door that gives the paint code is not there...im thinking that maybe the door was replaced and the sticker is now gone...anyways i know the name of the color is "Flame Red" but i need to know the code so i can get some touch up paint...

which brings me to my next dilemma...i cant see to find anywhere that carrys dodge paint colors...can i only get it from a dealerhip or factory? or am i just not looking hard enough?

i have a rust spot on my bedside fender..its just surface rust for now so i want to get it cleaned up and painted before it gets worse...if you can give me any tips they would be much appreciated...

thanks guys

Old 06-06-2012, 04:44 PM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

I've ordered from both of these companies and their color matches are great. Looks like the paint code for Flame red is PR4, you can see it on the sites below.
Automotivetouchup

Imatchpaint

And here is another site.

Touchuppaintonline

Old 06-06-2012, 06:10 PM
FrenicX
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Those are great sites for paint, I loved the PBJ pearl atlantic blue I got from imatchpaint.com. Used it for my rollpan.

btw, i hope it's just surface rust for you, but for many it was actually completely rotted from the inside out and what they thought was surface rust was actually it finally making it's way through from behind the fender.

at the factory they stacked some foam stuff in there that holds moisture and creates a severe rust problem.

Old 06-07-2012, 02:35 AM
rapta619
Professional

are there any links to help with this rust, I got a dime sized hole of rust on RR fender well. any help? atleast I know where to get the paint now lol

Old 06-07-2012, 06:14 AM
bwdakrt
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Duplicolor Perfect Match can be purchased at O'Riley's, AutoZone, Advance or NAPA.

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/perfectMatch/ Use the application guide to find your paint code which is PR4 as stated earlier.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:37 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 340 Likes on 303 Posts

Originally Posted by bwdakrt
Duplicolor Perfect Match can be purchased at O'Riley's, AutoZone, Advance or NAPA.

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/perfectMatch/ Use the application guide to find your paint code which is PR4 as stated earlier.
This is true, however, I have found nothing beats the quality of the imatch paint and their awesome 2-part clear coat. I have people tell me all the time they cannot tell the parts on my truck are rattle canned. I repainted the faded rear bumper cover on my daughters mustang and it came out so good it made the rest of the car look like crap. They use actual dupont material, same as the manufacturer. Their stuff is a little pricey compared to the duplicolor, but it is much better imo. (i used both, so speaking from personal experience and not discrediting anyone elses experiences).

Old 06-07-2012, 09:48 AM
J.Kalp17

Thanks for the replys everybody... going to check out all these sites when i get off work today....and yea im hoping its just surface rust...it feels pretty solid yet so hoping i caught it in time

Quick Reply: Need Paint Code For Touch-Up