3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Air conditioning not working

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 11:26 AM
novovictus1
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeg87xx
The condenser is very easy to replace, mine has been replaced, and I did one for a buddy who accidentally cut through his doing a body lift... >.>. If the lines going to/from the condenser are leaking then youd replace those, but if its your actual condenser, just replace it, unbolt the old and bolt up the new one, add some freon and youre golden!
I drove my socket drive through my condensor when replacing my radiator. I got a new one for $70 from radiator classic on ebay, quick shipping and good customer service since i broke the first one they sent me. It really is an easy fix, you can do it.

Old 06-22-2012, 02:57 PM
mikeg87xx
Professional

Yeah, it should take you 90 minutes tops, thats going slow. I like to work quick, on everything, Im very high energy, maybe I should take concerta or something, but I got it done in about 30 minutes. I did my coils and plugs in probably less time than that too. But anyways, looking at the new part when you get it, you'll be able to see how the current one is disconnected and how to connect it back up.

Old 06-22-2012, 06:11 PM
norma jean
Captain

ok its the condenser i was at the dealer today (my dad got a new van) so i got my transmission fluid lines, and the guy was pretty cool i was talking to and he was looking up prices for me. I had him price out the condenser and it was $266 and rock auto has is for $66 talk about a price difference. You guys convinced me that i can do it myself, so ill be ordering it and its under 0 pressure because of the hole. so its time to order some stuff

Old 06-23-2012, 11:48 AM
tspears
Default Dodge Dakota A/C Problems

I have a 2006 Dakota with 36K miles. The A/C works intermittently. I have had the system checked and no problems are found. Fuses and relays have been checked and no problems there.

During the relay checks the computer shut down and could not be rebooted. I had a new computer installed and the system rechecked. The system check shows everything to okay.

What could be the problem?

Old 06-23-2012, 02:32 PM
Deer Hunter
Veteran

Originally Posted by tspears
I have a 2006 Dakota with 36K miles. The A/C works intermittently. I have had the system checked and no problems are found. Fuses and relays have been checked and no problems there.

During the relay checks the computer shut down and could not be rebooted. I had a new computer installed and the system rechecked. The system check shows everything to okay.

What could be the problem?
Could be the head unit. Did you read this entire thread? see reply # 13

Old 06-23-2012, 10:19 PM
novovictus1
Professional

Originally Posted by norma jean
ok its the condenser i was at the dealer today (my dad got a new van) so i got my transmission fluid lines, and the guy was pretty cool i was talking to and he was looking up prices for me. I had him price out the condenser and it was $266 and rock auto has is for $66 talk about a price difference. You guys convinced me that i can do it myself, so ill be ordering it and its under 0 pressure because of the hole. so its time to order some stuff
Glad you decided to do it yourself, PM me if you need help during the install and we can talk.

Old 06-24-2012, 04:11 PM
norma jean
Captain

Originally Posted by novovictus1
Glad you decided to do it yourself, PM me if you need help during the install and we can talk.
thanks i appreciate that, im going to order it this week.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:37 PM
norma jean
Captain

put in the ac condenser, not very fun, bottom drivers side bold wouldn't come out. i am new to this ac thing, how bad of puddles do you guys get under the truck after you have used the ac?

Old 07-08-2012, 02:44 PM
rebel4055
Veteran

big puddles for me.

Old 07-08-2012, 03:26 PM
novovictus1
Professional

Originally Posted by norma jean
put in the ac condenser, not very fun, bottom drivers side bold wouldn't come out. i am new to this ac thing, how bad of puddles do you guys get under the truck after you have used the ac?
condensation is normal, as long as you arnt leaking refrigerant gas.

Quick Reply: Air conditioning not working