3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Anyone have the TSB for the software upgrade for transmission

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 04:30 PM
BBoSS
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ehhh but if a TSB is something that Should be done and the price is right..
i dont want to have tranny troubles if theres something to fix it.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:32 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
BBoss,

Are you talking specifically about the trans? If so, I can look up the TSB's for you if you PM me your VIN and symptoms.

TSB's are typically performed based on symptoms of malfunction by the vehicle. Chrysler pays for a TSB if the fix is under warranty but only if their was an original complaint from the customer. If you are just looking to get any TSB done to your truck that may apply you would be looking at numerous fixes resulting in thousands of out of pocket expenses since no warranty would apply.
Dodgecares,

Now how does that effect the Lifetime Powertrain guys? Is it covered or is it only covered under the 3yr/36k miles?

Old 07-24-2012, 09:54 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by lghtngblt02
Dodgecares,

Now how does that effect the Lifetime Powertrain guys? Is it covered or is it only covered under the 3yr/36k miles?
If it would be covered under the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty then the dealer would file a claim for the TSB fix under that. If it was a non-powertrain or emmisions item then it would only be covered under the 3/36. If the customer just comes in with no symptoms and says to perform the TSB so there are no troubles down the road then it would be customer pay.

My thinking when performing TSB's, especially module flashes, is if it is not broke do not fix it.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:27 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
If it would be covered under the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty then the dealer would file a claim for the TSB fix under that. If it was a non-powertrain or emmisions item then it would only be covered under the 3/36. If the customer just comes in with no symptoms and says to perform the TSB so there are no troubles down the road then it would be customer pay.

My thinking when performing TSB's, especially module flashes, is if it is not broke do not fix it.
I agree with your thinking. I was just curious, I kind of figured the scenario would play out like that. Thanks for the info.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:50 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by lghtngblt02
I agree with your thinking. I was just curious, I kind of figured the scenario would play out like that. Thanks for the info.
Your welcome.

Quick Reply: Anyone have the TSB for the software upgrade for transmission