3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

High Definition light Bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012 | 12:28 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator

Originally Posted by bandito40
Ok. I finally got a pair of HIDs for my truck. The ones I got from ebay were a rip off. I finally found a set on Amazon.ca. http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B005...ls_o00_s00_i00 Cost me just under $80 taxes and shipping included.I still can't believe how bright they are. Anything reflective can be seen from about 300 feet. The only thing is that when I shut my truck off the lights stay on for about a minute. Does anyone know how to fix this problem.
Are you on the auto light mode? If not its most likely a capacitor deal, and there's no real "fix" unless you figure a way to rapid decharge them when you shut them down.

Old 09-18-2012 | 09:55 PM
bandito40
|
Rookie

Originally Posted by lghtngblt02
Are you on the auto light mode? If not its most likely a capacitor deal, and there's no real "fix" unless you figure a way to rapid decharge them when you shut them down.
i figured it was a discharge issue but I was thinking maybe it's because I have the relay controller connected to one light and nothing connect to the other light therefor it may not be a complete circuit.

I don't have auto lights but the lights will turn off after 20-30 seconds if I leave them on. I was thinking of attaching a burnt light bulb on the empty connection to see if it makes a difference.

Old 09-18-2012 | 11:48 PM
Reject
Record Breaker

When I turn my truck off (After having the Headlights On) They stay on for over a minute before shutting off, My works Caravans do the same thing. Im not running HID Hi/Lows either.
If you mean the stay on after you turn the truck off, without having the Headlights on. the It would be a Capacitor somewhere, or a Relay issue Id think

Old 09-19-2012 | 08:22 AM
norma jean
Captain

I have hids for low, and mine don't stay on, are you turning your headlights off before you turn the turn the truck off?

Old 09-19-2012 | 12:59 PM
bandito40
|
Rookie

Originally Posted by norma jean
I have hids for low, and mine don't stay on, are you turning your headlights off before you turn the turn the truck off?
Yes I turn them off before turning off my truck.

Old 09-20-2012 | 01:22 AM
erau
Veteran

Ok. I finally got a pair of HIDs for my truck. The ones I got from ebay were a rip off. I finally found a set on Amazon.ca. http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B005...ls_o00_s00_i00 Cost me just under $80 taxes and shipping included.I still can't believe how bright they are. Anything reflective can be seen from about 300 feet.
Those are showing as low-beam xenon/high-beam halogen. Are the high-beams working ok?

Old 09-22-2012 | 08:24 PM
bandito40
|
Rookie

Originally Posted by erau
Those are showing as low-beam xenon/high-beam halogen. Are the high-beams working ok?

Yes the high beams work. They work in all three settings, day running lights, head lights and high beams.

Old 09-22-2012 | 11:51 PM
erau
Veteran

Yes the high beams work. They work in all three settings, day running lights, head lights and high beams.
Cool. Any stray-light issues with the retrofit since they're not projector lamps?

Old 09-23-2012 | 09:30 AM
bandito40
|
Rookie

Originally Posted by erau
Cool. Any stray-light issues with the retrofit since they're not projector lamps?

It seams that the right side light shoots a little high. I haven't had anyone high beam me yet. Not exactly sure what you mean by stray light but I have noticed that any sign that is reflective I can see it light up from about 300 feet away even if it's 40 feet in the air and any signs that almost 90 degree on each side. When I pull up behind a vehicle I see the lights about 1/2 way between the top of the trunk and bumper. I have never seen anyone flip their mirror and I can't really see in their car either.

Old 09-23-2012 | 11:35 AM
bandito40
|
Rookie

I plugged a regular halogen light into the empty head light connector to see what would happen but the lights still stay after I turn off my truck. I can't figure it out...

Quick Reply: High Definition light Bulbs