3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Suspension Lift Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 01:15 AM
Tom A
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankiejaime88
Why's that? I don't really understand the difference in steering systems
If you saw the steering parts of the kit, it would make more sense. There's just no way to "drop" the rack and pinion. The JMR kit gets around that issue by leaving the steering rack where it is and using taller knuckles.

Originally Posted by Gtt1239
I think it looks like a well-made kit. But for the money, you could just about do an SAS instead (though it would probably be a little more work).

Old 01-01-2013, 02:50 PM
Gtt1239
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So for now we wait? It sucks that Rams just took all the focus away from the Dakotas, well at least that is how I feel.

Old 01-01-2013, 02:58 PM
Tom A
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Gtt1239
So for now we wait? It sucks that Rams just took all the focus away from the Dakotas, well at least that is how I feel.
If the aftermarket offerings for us second-generation folks are any indication, the longer you wait, the LESS will be available. Almost every lift kit ever made for the second-generation Dakota is no longer available. And lots of other parts (bumpers, etc.) have pretty much gone the same way.

I don't understand it, really. It's a great truck and I see a zillion of them on the road, but the aftermarket has pretty much ignored us.

Quick Reply: Suspension Lift Kit?