3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Dealer cant fix my stalling

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 11:12 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I have ran into a few instances where the crankshaft sensor pigtail makes contact with a sharp edge back by the bellhousing. It gets a bit warm where it is, and it only takes a small sliver of wire to make contact. The wires could even be touching each other. It may or may not even set a code when it happens. It depends on which wire touches ground. I saw no mention of any DTCs or conditions under which it dies that are common. If you could throw those out there it would be helpful.

On a side note, I have to wonder what the hell spark plugs and running Mopar fuel system cleaner would do for addressing an engine dying randomly. Spark plugs MAYBE if they had been worn down to nubs...

Last edited by TNtech; 01-30-2013 at 11:23 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:39 AM
niken023
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright picked up my truck today! I will miss the rental seeing how great it did on gas. So it has only been two nights that the dealer drove my truck to his house and back since they "fixed it."
All they did was change out the Map sensor and the throttle body sensor. This is the code that has been coming up since day one! So why they didnt switch them both out 6 services ago, I dont know? When I went there this morning to pick up the truck they had the nerve to try and charge me for the throttle body sensor. Which I told them I had no problem doing but I wanted to be credited for the $850.00 computer that they put in and come to find out was not the problem. So I left there with my truck and without paying for anything and will know in a couple days what they are going to do for me as far as the credit?
Hopefully I shared some important info for everyone else out there and thank you all for all the comments back to me.

I still plan on keeping my Dodge for a little while. LOL

Old 01-31-2013, 11:25 AM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

I hope this time your issue is finally resolved. You've been through a lot with this, and now maybe you'll be able to simply enjoy the truck again.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:47 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by niken023
Alright picked up my truck today! I will miss the rental seeing how great it did on gas. So it has only been two nights that the dealer drove my truck to his house and back since they "fixed it."
All they did was change out the Map sensor and the throttle body sensor. This is the code that has been coming up since day one! So why they didnt switch them both out 6 services ago, I dont know? When I went there this morning to pick up the truck they had the nerve to try and charge me for the throttle body sensor. Which I told them I had no problem doing but I wanted to be credited for the $850.00 computer that they put in and come to find out was not the problem. So I left there with my truck and without paying for anything and will know in a couple days what they are going to do for me as far as the credit?
Hopefully I shared some important info for everyone else out there and thank you all for all the comments back to me.

I still plan on keeping my Dodge for a little while. LOL
Good deal. Keep on them about that credit... its much easier for them to deny you credit over the phone without anyone else hearing about it instead of you causing a scene on the dealership floor for other customers to see.

Old 02-04-2013, 04:48 PM
niken023
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well its been 4 days now since I got the truck back and so far (knock on wood) there has been no problem. I guess changing out the throttle body sensor and map sensor at the same time did the trick? I am still waiting to hear about my credit, I was there today and the paperwork was handed over to the manager for review. Before that they were only going to give me a couple free oil changes..........yeah right!

Quick Reply: Dealer cant fix my stalling