3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Anyone near ATL, can I borrow your gen3?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 11:26 AM
barrysuperhawk
Professional
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Ok, back to looking for bumpers..

Ok, sorry for the mis-fire, I didn't realize the Tactical Armor Group that I was about to send $2k+ to for bumpers was actually Kennesaw Mountain offroad, until I tried to search for a picture and insert them into this post.

So, is there a REPUTABLE company that does make replacement offroad style bumpers for an '08 Dakota?

Ok, full disclosure, I don't want to borrow any trucks, "I" am not borrowing
anything, I was just aiming for a provocative headline.

What I really need is someone in the Atlanta area to let a custom bumper shop down there use their truck to prototype a rear bumper, so I can, in turn, buy the next one of them for my truck. I am planning on buying a front bumper from them already, but they can't make a matching rear bumper because they haven't prototyped one yet.

Last edited by barrysuperhawk; 02-10-2013 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Stupidity...
Old 02-10-2013, 12:05 PM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Nope, custom is the way to go.

Old 02-10-2013, 12:28 PM
barrysuperhawk
Professional

But I don't have the time, equipment or TALENT required to make a custom bumper myself.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:33 AM
Anthony Grego
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just wondering whats the peoblem with T.A.G. i just found them the other day? what horror stories u guys got. kinda sucks that the only company i found has **** rep 5 min after i find them

Old 02-12-2013, 09:09 AM
northgator8
All Star
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by barrysuperhawk
But I don't have the time, equipment or TALENT required to make a custom bumper myself.
Run a search for "custom bumper" and find the pattern posted on here. Take the pattern and your truck to a welder. Tell him to have fun! I want to add/delete/mod this part of the pattern.

Hey, if you want something worth bolting on your truck, either spend lots of time, money or both on it! Cheap gets you cheap!

Old 02-13-2013, 09:07 AM
barrysuperhawk
Professional

Originally Posted by Anthony Grego
just wondering whats the peoblem with T.A.G. i just found them the other day? what horror stories u guys got. kinda sucks that the only company i found has **** rep 5 min after i find them
If you search "Kennesaw Mountain Accessories" you will find more complaints on more forums than you will believe, and this is the same guy. Apparently he just changed the name to avoid the internet stigma...

Quick Reply: Anyone near ATL, can I borrow your gen3?