3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

So i got an oil change at a garage

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013 | 10:36 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Thats what I like about this forum....not too many **** mods who beat you to death for not using the (mostly ineffective) search function. Unlike another forum I belong to where the mods jump your **** for thread hijacking or not searching before asking.

Old 03-27-2013 | 02:40 PM
italiandominator
All Star

Originally Posted by lghtngblt02
Its oke this time, next time...

jk

Who cares

Thanks man, just don't want to end up being "that guy" where everytime you see a thread from me, y'all are like "oh boy, here we go again" lol

Old 03-27-2013 | 02:42 PM
italiandominator
All Star

Yeah, Jkeaton I hear ya...but I'm curious... The other night I was up late searching other forums and I came across a couple that looked like they had the exact same set up on the page for logging in as ours, never been to the site before, but when I went to log in, it accepted my handle and password. So I'm guessing that this site is linked with others. If so, is there a list of all the other forum sites that we are automatically registered for?

Old 03-27-2013 | 03:06 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Originally Posted by italiandominator
Yeah, Jkeaton I hear ya...but I'm curious... The other night I was up late searching other forums and I came across a couple that looked like they had the exact same set up on the page for logging in as ours, never been to the site before, but when I went to log in, it accepted my handle and password. So I'm guessing that this site is linked with others. If so, is there a list of all the other forum sites that we are automatically registered for?
Thats what I tell my wife too when she asks why I spend all night on the computer....

Seriously, beats me.....I know all the "log in" pages look pretty much the same for a bunch I belong to (but rarely use).

Old 03-27-2013 | 03:23 PM
calixdakota
|
Professional

okay! I called out of curiosity to see what they would say.

I spoke with one of the service guys - they said that it doesn't matter about 5w30 or 5w20. . .the temperature doesn't get hot enough or cold enough here to make a difference. ...I kept on him and said well my owners manual says 5w20 and that's what I said I wanted when I dropped the truck off.
he said the only vehicle that he knows makes a difference is a chevy Colorado that runs like **** if you don't use it..

he ended up saying " well what are you trying to say" ( as in do I want to bring my truck in to get it changed) I said - well no if you are saying it doesn't make a difference then that's all I wanted to hear..
Just that next time I want 5W20.

I then asked about the 6 qtz not 5qtz , he said that's just what the receipt says but they put the right amount of oil in . 5 litres is only 5.2 qtz so - im pretty sure they go by qtz for oil here in Canada regardless.

well thanks all - oh ya , they said they use 5w30 because they get it in bulk in a big oil drum - GO FIGURE and if I want 5w20 it might cost a bit more cause they'd need a bottle...
SO ALL IN ALL I WILL BE DOING MY OWN OIL CHANGE NEXT TIME- I was just in a rush to get it done because i'd been worrying about it and I'd just gotten off an overnight shift and wouldn't have had the time to do it for a another couple weeks as i'd be busy
thanks everyone. very informative posts and helpful! keep on keepin on \

Old 03-27-2013 | 03:50 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Good to hear. Just check the dipstick every now and then between your changes and make sure it stays full.

Old 03-30-2013 | 09:38 AM
mrwhatshisname
Amateur

I just did my oil change, I used 10-30w, should I be worried??

Old 03-30-2013 | 08:54 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin

No. Do not worry. Drive it 3000 miles and change the oil out with the proper viscosity next time.

Quick Reply: So i got an oil change at a garage