3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Rubbing / Vibration when applying brakes

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 12:12 PM
hanslamontagne
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the feedback all. I suppose comparing it to my Jetta was an unfair comparison... Although this is the first truck I've owned personally, I've driven F350's on the oilfield for years- honestly, I still feel that the way this truck bottoms out over even the smallest bumps in the road is unnatural. I appreciate the suggestions and I actually may test it out by putting some weight in the bed this week (buying a mattress/boxspring). I also may go ahead and throw on some aftermarket shocks, also the springs are producing a squeak on the passenger side so I might price that out. All in all I am very happy with my purchase, low km's and good on gas for a very affordable price.

As for the brakes, I pulled of the two front wheels and had a look, the pads are pretty much shot, so the shop who did the inspection in March either lied about the life of the pads or buddy was just stomping on the brakes for the 2 months post inspection before I bought it. Either way I have them coming in tomorrow!

thanks again!

Old 06-13-2013, 05:11 PM
Alfons
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hanslamontagne
Thanks for the feedback all. I suppose comparing it to my Jetta was an unfair comparison... Although this is the first truck I've owned personally, I've driven F350's on the oilfield for years- honestly, I still feel that the way this truck bottoms out over even the smallest bumps in the road is unnatural. I appreciate the suggestions and I actually may test it out by putting some weight in the bed this week (buying a mattress/boxspring). I also may go ahead and throw on some aftermarket shocks, also the springs are producing a squeak on the passenger side so I might price that out. All in all I am very happy with my purchase, low km's and good on gas for a very affordable price.

As for the brakes, I pulled of the two front wheels and had a look, the pads are pretty much shot, so the shop who did the inspection in March either lied about the life of the pads or buddy was just stomping on the brakes for the 2 months post inspection before I bought it. Either way I have them coming in tomorrow!

thanks again!
I'd also have the rotors checked out - grooves worn into the rotor surface or unbalanced wear will still leave you with poorly functioning brakes. When they check rotors, they'll also check the thickness - when they get too thin, they won't run true either.

Quick Reply: Rubbing / Vibration when applying brakes