3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

front end still shaking

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 10:13 PM
Greatrack2012
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Well been a long time since my truck has drove so nice now that I have nothing to do im just looking for problems so in all I have done top and bottom control arms on both sides, sway bar links ( do to cracked bushing on driver side, ball joints on both sides ), tie rods, and new discs and pads, spark plugs,and new fog lights.

I was finally able to get it in for an alignment today after doing tie rods last week. The guy told me that my front set of tires were marked up on the inside and I should put them on the rear before winter. But those tires are garbage and are leaving soon for a set 9f general grabber at2's. Other then that she runs good. Took it on the highway today to see if it still shakes and it seems to be gone. It runs smooth and straight.

You guys were a ton of help. Made life much easier for this DIY newbie. so thanks for all the help I really appreciate it.

Old 10-17-2013, 07:29 AM
northgator8
All Star
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Great to hear! With a new front end, it should just be maintenance for the next long while!

Old 10-17-2013, 12:37 PM
Greatrack2012
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by northgator8
Great to hear! With a new front end, it should just be maintenance for the next long while!
Lol ya it feels new to. Don't know why it went so fast but all my expensive parts like control arms and sway bar links ( not so expensive ) have a life time warranty from napa and I get discount as a mechanic. Vary nice people at my local napa. Only things that don't have warranty are my tie rods because they were just to expensive and obviously my discs and pads. So its no longer an issue if they go lol.

Quick Reply: front end still shaking