3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

one of my fog lights are out!!!! again ; (

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 08:26 PM
Greatrack2012
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the bulb out fine a few days ago lol. I was more leaning towards the fog light its self. But I think know what your talking about I tried to get them off back in the summer to get rid of them for something cheaper, but couldn't figure it out so I bit the bullet and got the ones from the stealer ship. But now that I found those leds ill give them a try

Old 12-02-2013, 10:03 PM
pierrejoly
Veteran
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

i suffered for nearly two months without my fogs, one month spent looking for replacement bulbs and not wanting to pay $40 from my local stealership, then the other month waiting for the ones from ebay.

And removing the fog to clean it up is only needed if it's dirty inside like mine were. they weren't sealed well and i got mud and water into it. like i said, it's only about 3 screws/bolts if i remember correctly. When you are under there looking carefully you'll see it. You might need to bring a light with you under there even if it's day time. it's kinda hard to see unless you have good light. I was thinking about removing them and replacing with an aftermarket fog with a better/easier easier to get to bulb, but i decided to go with the LED bulbs until i get my custom bumper made.

Old 12-02-2013, 10:40 PM
Greatrack2012
Professional

Well then I think ill be ok last time I looked they were ok. I went without fog lights for 2 years as they blew about 4 months after I bought the truck. So when I got them again. It was like I had a new truck lol. Now that there gone I miss them. But I went so long without them cause I didn't 2ant to pay the$100 I was told it would cost me from Chrysler. I looked and looked for after market lights that would just fit were the old ones were but it was a no go. So I ended up biting the bullet. Hopefully this will work

Old 12-03-2013, 07:28 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Here are the Philips bulbs (same that Chrysler sells) for much cheaper.
Philips 12276C1 Premium PSX24W Headlight Bulb : Amazon.com : Automotive Philips 12276C1 Premium PSX24W Headlight Bulb : Amazon.com : Automotive

If you prefer to go the LED route, even better than the high SMD count are "Cree" LED bulbs. A little more money as they are newer, but they are much brighter. A single 5w CREE LED can be as bright as 68 little SMD bulbs. Not any better than the halogens, but if you want the white/HID look, get the Cree LED bulbs with a projector housing.

Old 12-03-2013, 09:24 PM
pierrejoly
Veteran

Thank you for the link to the Phillips bulb, but as the OP lives in Canada, Amazon will not ship automotive parts to us. I'm in Northern Ontario (about 7 to 8 hours north of the OP). Pretty much all auto parts stores don't even have a listing for a PSX24W bulb, or at least the ones i have up here don't have a listing, which is why i went the Ebay path, and for the price, those 68 SMB bulbs were a good buy.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:08 AM
Greatrack2012
Professional

Originally Posted by jasonw
Here are the Philips bulbs (same that Chrysler sells) for much cheaper.
Philips 12276C1 Premium PSX24W Headlight Bulb : Amazon.com : Automotive

If you prefer to go the LED route, even better than the high SMD count are "Cree" LED bulbs. A little more money as they are newer, but they are much brighter. A single 5w CREE LED can be as bright as 68 little SMD bulbs. Not any better than the halogens, but if you want the white/HID look, get the Cree LED bulbs with a projector housing.
ill have a look at those bulbs, but as pierrejoly said they wont ship to Canada I tried when I was ordering my tie rods and sway bar links and the only thing they shipped was the tie rods. They wouldn't ship the other parts. No clue why

Originally Posted by pierrejoly
Thank you for the link to the Phillips bulb, but as the OP lives in Canada, Amazon will not ship automotive parts to us. I'm in Northern Ontario (about 7 to 8 hours north of the OP). Pretty much all auto parts stores don't even have a listing for a PSX24W bulb, or at least the ones i have up here don't have a listing, which is why i went the Ebay path, and for the price, those 68 SMB bulbs were a good buy.
Amazon will ship some parts, but for some reason not others. As for the bulbs they seem to be a dealer only part around here it seems. I went to every parts store arond my area and none had em. I had napa order them from Chrysler at a discounted price ( then sell them to be for cheaper saved about $15 ) he only did this cause I buy all my parts from them if I can't get em on line cheaper.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:04 PM
pierrejoly
Veteran

Finally took a few shots tonight. I'm expecting freezing rain, so the truck spends a rare night in the garage, while the Journey will stay under the shelter.

These are with the 68 SMB bulbs that i put in a few months back as mentioned in earlier posts.

Last edited by pierrejoly; 12-04-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:28 PM
Greatrack2012
Professional

Those don't look bad at all for what they cost. Thanks for the pics. Ill order them this weekend.
You have snow up there still ! Were almost all clear of snow and in the + vary nice out down here!

Old 12-05-2013, 10:27 PM
pierrejoly
Veteran

there was less of it today when it was raining, now it's snowing again. Truck didn't move today. but i need to fix the snowblower for the foot or so they are calling for on Saturday, so i need the space in the garage. i burned the Auger belt with the wet heavy snow that i cleared today. The drive belt is in rough shape also.

This is all that is left of a brand new belt i installed yesterday. Even though the part number matched the old belt, it seemed longer then the one one was. I tried adjusting it but i guess it was still a little loose and burned the belt up with the wet snow I was trying to move.

Now i have no reason not to do the drive belt at the same time. Argh...

Before anyone says anything. When this blower was new it was a 13 HP 33" wide monster of a snowblower. I "helped" it out with the intake and exhaust so it does more power. I have a long driveway that widens at the front, i can fit about 8 cars in the main section alone, so any help i can do to clear it the better. On average, i get about 120 inches of snow each winter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timmins#Climate). I figure it does about 15 to 16 HP, so it chews through belts about once every 2 years through normal wear. Every other belt i've done required little to no adjustments on this beast, except for the one i did yesterday. I bolted it back together anyways as i needed the space to park the truck due to the snow, freezing rain, rain then back to freezing rain and snow that i was expecting for the past 24 hours. It's now snowing with lots of wind, so i'm not too worried, but the foot i should get on Saturday means i need to get the snowblower back up and running. i don't want to do it all by hand. bad enough i had to move wet snow/slush today after i nearly burned through the new belt

Old 12-06-2013, 01:45 AM
Greatrack2012
Professional

W3ll that sucks I guess you got your work cut out for your self. That really sucks

Wow it was +15 down here today. I've been waiting for enough snow to fall to be worth talking about lol. I bought new tires back in the fall and want to try em out. I only shovel my driveway when the snow gets to bad or I'm expecting company lol. Or when my land lord can't get his van in the driveway. In that case I just shovel a path on his side. I don't really get enough snow to worry about shoveling most days. Now if I had a snow blower life would be much easier lol. But I only have a 4 car drive way ( not worth it ).

Quick Reply: one of my fog lights are out!!!! again ; (